The joy that comes with fall is unrivaled. The warm weather and the spectacular sight of sunrise are incredibly refreshing. Considering that you’ve endured the long winter days, too much heat can lead to a little discomfort.
To enable you to enjoy your fall to the fullest, you should have cold refreshing tea! We recommend that you buy Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker for all your iced tea needs.
If you’re wondering how to use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker, then this guide is for you. We’ve detailed everything that you need to know about this appliance before buying it.
What is an Iced Tea Maker?
An iced tea maker is a kitchen appliance that enables you to make iced tea at your convenience. It is designed to enable the use of ice during the preparation process, thus making it easy, fast, and convenient.
When it is summer and the heat is getting extreme, you need something to cool your body, right? Well, in such cases, it can be a hassle to get your bottle of cola from the shop.
Even worse, it wouldn’t make sense to take hot tea! That’s why you should learn how to use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker.
With this appliance, making your iced tea at home is straightforward.
How to Choose the Best Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker
When shopping for an iced tea maker in the market, you should consider the following factors:
- Electric Iced Tea Maker vs. Manual Iced Tea Maker
The mode of operation will determine how convenient the appliance will be. If you have no idea how to use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker, we recommend that you go for the electric one.
But what exactly is the difference between an electric and manual iced tea maker? Well, the electric one is largely automated, making it easy to use. On the contrary, the manual one requires more technical knowhow and patience to achieve that iced tea beverage.
If you’re looking at portability and size, then most electric machines are bulkier than the manual ones. However, Mr. Coffee Ice Maker has small versions meant for single cup tea brewing.
Do you want your iced tea maker big or small? Will you use it at home or in your car? All these factors determine the appliance you pick. Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker is specially designed with unmatched portability to enable you to use it at your convenience.
- Shape and Aesthetics
Only select an iced tea maker that suits your preferences – both in design and functionality. You should check the base of the appliance to ensure stability.
Read more about other factors to consider when buying the best iced tea maker
How to Make Iced Tea in a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker
To make the best cup of iced tea, you’ll need to follow the following easy steps:
- Step 1: Water Measurement
You’ll be required to fill the pitcher with an adequate amount of water (to make enough tea). Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker is calibrated well to ensure that you choose 1,2, or 3 quarts. This ensures that you only make enough tea without causing unnecessary spillage.
- Step 2: Pour Water into the Reservoir
After measuring the water you need, you should lift the lid of your tea maker and remove the tea basket. Pour your water into the reservoir (the reservoir is at the base).
You should never fill water past the 3-quart mark since it will lead to spillage!
- Step 3: Put Your Tea Leaves/ Tea Bags
Return the tea basket back to position and place your tea. Wondering how many tea bags for Mr. Coffee iced tea maker? Well, around 3-4 tea bags will be ideal. You can also use loose tea to suit your desires and preferences.
- Step 4: Close the Lid and Choose Your Ideal Tea Strength
Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker allows you to choose whether you want mild or strong tea by a simple touch of a button.
- Step 5: Fill Your Pitcher with Ice
Get your ice from your best ice maker and fill the pitcher to your desired level. The pitcher is marked (1-3 quart). If you’re making 3 quarts of iced tea, you should fill your pitcher to the 3-quart mark. Ensure that you position the pitcher beneath the discharge hole to collect your tea.
- Step 5: Plug-In the Tea Maker and Start Brewing
Once you plug in your tea maker, you should ensure that you press the start button. An orange light will appear, indicating that the brewing has started. Wait until the brewing is complete and it will auto-shut.
- Step 6: Iced Tea is Ready!
When the tea maker stops, it means that the brewing process is complete. Take your iced tea and enjoy it! If you want it to cool further (unnecessary in most cases), you can place it in your refrigerator.
How to Make Infused Iced Tea – With a Fruit
If you want your iced tea drink flavored and sweetened, then you’ll achieve that in a rather straightforward way.
All you need to do is add the fruit of your choice to the iced tea immediately after brewing. This is the most natural and healthier way of spicing up your tea.
Other techniques that you can use to make your chilled tea better include:
- Add Extracts. You can include extracts from various herbs such as vanilla, maple, almond, and rosemary. Luckily, there are tea bags that come with these flavors, thus simplifying the work for you. Other spices to consider include cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. This will depend on personal preference.
- Add Honey. If you want sweetened tea, you can either make sugar syrup or add honey. We recommend the use of natural honey. You can also combine it with herbs such as Stevia, ginger, dandelions, and honeysuckle to make it more irresistible.
- Use Green Tea. It is not mandatory that you use black tea! Instead, you can go for green tea which is healthier.
When you hit the market, you’ll realize that there are many tea options to choose from. It all boils down to your taste and preferences.
What are the Benefits of Iced Tea over Regular Tea?
Now that you’ve learned how to use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker, it’s time you decipher the health benefits you’ll get by consuming the beverage. They include:
- Hydration. Iced-tea is not only refreshing but rejuvenating. It keeps your body hydrated, thus giving you an incredible glow and stamina to handle your daily chores. A break to take your favorite cup of iced-tea could be all that you need to unlock your day!
- Improves Concentration. Iced tea has a substantial amount of caffeine, which helps to keep your body alert.
- Helps in Weight Loss. Iced tea lowers the cortisol hormone, which is responsible for fat accumulation in the body. Consequently, the tea comes in handy when you want to lose weight.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties. Iced tea will help you reduce muscle and body pain. As such, it’s quite helpful when you’re working out.
Iced tea has immense health benefits and you can be sure that a cup a day will boost your stamina and boost your mood.
How to Clean Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker
To clean your iced tea maker, you should always ensure that:
- You wash it using your hands as opposed to using a dishwasher (some components are not dishwasher safe).
- You use warm and soapy water (hard water can leave ugly mineral deposits inside the pitcher)
- You rinse it and dry it completely
Additionally, you will need to wash the appliance immediately after buying it (avoid using any new appliance before washing it).
Read a comprehensive guide on how to clean kettles (including electric ones) here
Step-by-Step Guide on Cleaning Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker
- Wash the Pitcher and the Lid. You must wash these components (together with the steeping basket) immediately after you use your appliance. Dip them in warm soapy water and gently scrub them using non-abrasive material. Rinse them off and dry them.
- Rinse the Main Unit. Fill the pitcher with water (up to the maximum mark) and transfer it into the reservoir. Fill the pitcher with ice and place the steeping basket in place. Plugin and start the appliance. Once the water flows through the pitcher completely, the cleaning process will be complete.
- Dry It. Always use a clean towel to dry your appliance. Never store it before it dries to prevent staining.
How to Remove Stains from Mr. Ice Tea Maker
If you use tap water, you’re likely to experience mineral deposit spots on the pitcher. The white marks are largely unsightly though harmless.
To remove them, you’ll be required to soak your appliance in white vinegar for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it.
How to Use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker – Wrap Up
Initially, I thought that Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker was hype until I acquired it. It has now transformed my life for the better, considering that I love tea.
What I found more interesting is its versatility. Despite the fact that we’ve detailed how to use Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker with a tea bias, you can actually use it to make your favorite cup of coffee.
It is easy to operate and its maintenance is rather straightforward. If you’re planning to gift anyone, then I implore you to consider the Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker. I am sure that they’ll be impressed.