If grilling and smoking meat is your forte, then you’ll opine that the Masterbuilt electric smoker is a game-changer. The dynamic appliance is, by far, the most convenient and efficient smoker you’ll find in the market today.
If you’ve recently acquired the Masterbuilt smoker, you may have realized that it appears complicated at first. It is easy for a beginner to freak out thinking that operating the smoker is a complicated maze.
Before you regret buying the smoker, read this guide on how to use Masterbuilt electric smoker, and you’ll realize how easy it is to use the smoker. Once you have the tips, you’ll appreciate the day you decided to purchase one!
It will offer exceptional convenience and unmatched efficacy that will enable you to grill your meat like a pro. The smoking element is well-thought-out, and you can be sure that all you’ll get is a tasty BBQ that will leave you yearning for the next grilling session.
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Review -Overview
1. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker, 30 inch, Black – Best Overall
|Model Name||Digital Electric|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||45.9 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19.88 x 20.47 x 33.26 inches|
|Model Name||Analog Electric Smoker|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||49.9 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||20 x 21.69 x 40.15 inches|
|Model Name||Bluetooth Digital|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||54 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19.88 x 20.66 x 33.46 inches|
Why Smoking Meat is Important
If you’re wondering why you should hassle all through to smoke your meat, then you’ve probably not tasted smoked meat.
If you have, then I guess you did not get adequately smoked meat. I challenge you to look for a friend or restaurant where smoking is what they love doing. Taste the meat once it is ready.
You will instantly notice the difference in taste!
Smoked meat has an unmatched aroma and flavor. It also tenderizes the meat, ensuring that you focus on eating without the worry of chewy pieces.
How to Use Masterbuilt Electric Smoker in 5 Easy Steps
Are you wondering how to achieve the best results using your Masterbuilt electric smoker? Here’s a comprehensive guide. Ensure that you follow each step to the letter to achieve phenomenal results.
1. Seasoning Your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Do not attempt to start your grilling escapades before seasoning your smoker! If you do, you’ll experience sticky grates, and your meals are likely to burn. Seasoning it will offer the following benefits:
- Enhance Safety. New smokers have left oils and dirt. Some of its components may lead to a harsh smell that’ll render your BBQ inedible. Seasoning the grill helps in eliminating the odor and dirt, thus ensuring top-notch safety.
- Increase its efficacy. Seasoning your smoker will enhance its usability. The grates will become ready to handle your meals without them sticking to the surface. As such, you’ll have a better smoking escapade if you season your smoker.
To achieve these benefits and enjoy healthy meat, then follow the following seasoning steps:
- Ensure that the smoker, hooks, and racks are in place. You should never put water in the water pan!
- Plugin the electric smoker and press the power button to start the smoker
- Set the temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and let it set the timer to approximately 3 hours
- After 2 hours, add half a cup of your favorite wood chips to the smoker box. Let them heat for the remaining one hour.
- Switch off your smoker and let it cool. Once it cools, then it will be ready for use!
Ensure that you follow all the steps. This will help to remove dirt and impurities from the manufacturer.
2. Ingredients Preparation
After seasoning is complete, it is now time to put your smoker to the real test. First, you should prepare your meat – whichever you want to smoke.
It could be turkey, chicken, goat ribs, brisket, beef, fish, sausage, and pulled pork, among others. The smoker is highly versatile, and you can smoke virtually anything, including veggies.
Prepare the ingredients by chopping them, seasoning (with herbs and oils), and readying them for the smoking process.
3. Preheat the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Once you’re through with preparing your ingredients, you should turn on your smoker and allow it to preheat to get the best-smoked meals.
If you put your meat into a cold smoker, it will take longer to achieve the best smoking temperature, and the results will not be appealing.
To avoid this disappointment, you should follow the following preheating steps:
- Place your preferred wood chips into the smoker box (while the smoker is still cold)
- Turn on your smoker and set it to your desired temperature (based on your Masterbuilt electric smoker recipe). If you’re cooking meat, you should set your temperature at approximately 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After approximately 30 minutes (or when the smoker gets to your desired temp), add more wood chips.
- When you’re ready to start cooking, you can fill the water pan with water (some people will prefer wine, vinegar, cola, and other beverages to achieve a unique taste)
Now that your smoker is already producing smoke and you have water in the tray, it’s time to start the smoking process!
4. Smoking Your Meat
Place your meat on the grates and give it time to cook. Ensure that you use the right temperature for the proper meal (check with your recipe. However, it should be 225 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit for most meals.
We recommend that you buy the best meat thermometer for smoking. This will enable you to keep a check on your temperature and determine when your meat is ready.
Additionally, you should set your time to ensure that you do not overcook or undercook your meat. Ensure that you have water on the water pan to achieve substantial moisture, thus guaranteeing moist and delicious meat.
5. Keep Adding Water and Wood Chips
Once in a while, you should check whether the wood chips are yielding the required smoke. If not, then you should add some. Always ensure a consistent flow of smoke to achieve an irresistible smoky taste.
Also, ensure that you top up the water in case it’s running too low. This way, you will get a moist meal.
How To Know Your Meat is Cooked
If you’re having trouble determining whether your meat is cooked, then you should use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature of the thickest part of the meat.
Here is a chart to guide you on how to use the meat thermometer for smoking:
|Degree||Temperature of the Core|
|Medium||140-145 degrees F|
|Medium-Well||150-155 degrees F|
|Well Cooked||160 degrees F|
|Brisket||165 to 175 degrees F|
Alternatively, you can use the following tips to determine the doneness of your meat:
- Pierce the thickest part of your meat with a fork. Ensure that the juices run clear
- Cut the meat with a knife and check whether it’s steaming. The innermost part of the meat should be steaming.
- Check the meat’s color. Cooked meat should not be pink.
How to Clean Your Masterbuilt Electric Smoker after Use
Cleaning your smoker is one of the most crucial maintenance tips. After you switch it off, you should let it cool for several hours before embarking on cleaning.
The cleaning should aim at removing grease, dirt, residue, and burnt food. We advise that you do after a few hours. If you let it cool, you can be sure that the cleaning will not be a pleasant exercise.
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Recipes
This smoker is one of the most versatile kitchen appliances that you’ll ever find. It allows you to cook different meals without a hassle. Some of the popular meals you can cook with the Masterbuilt electric smoker include:
- Smoked pork shoulder
- Smoked chicken breast
- Smoked chicken thighs
- Smoked turkey brine
- Traeger smoked turkey
- Smoked Boston butt
- Smoked salmon brine
- Smoked brisket rub
These are just a few of the meals you can cook in the smoker. To achieve the best results, ensure that you follow the smoking procedure we’ve detailed herein. Do not skip a step lest you regret your smoking escapades.
You must maintain the ideal water levels and add wood chips to enhance the flavor.
How to use Masterbuilt Electric Smoker -The Bottom Line
Buying a Masterbuilt electric smoker is, without a doubt, an outstanding achievement. However, you will never enjoy using it unless you learn the ropes early enough.
If you just acquired a Masterbuilt electric smoker, this guide will help you get the best results. We’ve provided the six most crucial you should follow.
If you were wondering how to use a Masterbuilt smoker, then worry no more! We’ve got your back.
How to Use Masterbuilt Electric Smoker -FAQ
Should I soak wood chips when using a Masterbuilt electric smoker?
Masterbuilt recommends soaking your favorite wood chips for 12 hours. However, our experience with the appliance is different. We recommend not soaking the wood chips. It is entirely not necessary. If you need more flavor, you can always get it during the marination stage.
How often should I add wood chips to a Masterbuilt electric smoker?
After every 3 hours, one cup of the wood chips should last for 3-4 hours. However, you can add wood chips as often as you want to achieve your ideal smoking level.
Where do I place the water pan in a Masterbuilt electric smoker?
Always use water when smoking to achieve a moist and flavorful meal. You can put the water pan on the bottom of the rack. You can also place it on any grease tray that is not in use.
Is a Masterbuilt electric smoker any good?
Yes, this is one of the most solid smokers you can get. It is well insulated to offer a fast, efficient, and convenient grilling and smoking experience.