I love cooking and, like any other chef, I am always on the lookout for appliances that can make the exercise fun.
Recently, I discovered a pretty efficient kitchen appliance – a Nuwave Oven. This appliance has undoubtedly revolutionized my cooking. It is easier and faster to cook any type of meal than when using my conventional oven.
In this article, I have compiled my experiences with the appliance alongside a comprehensive guide on how to use a nuwave oven efficiently.
What is a Nuwave Oven?
With busy life schedules, homeowners are always looking for novelties that can help them make their meals in record time without compromising the quality.
Manufacturers have taken advantage of technology to invent unique kitchen appliances that use advanced techniques to cook food in a healthier and faster way.
One such appliance is Nuwave. While you may feel like manufacturers exaggerate their adverts, I assure you that this appliance delivers exactly what the manufacturer promises.
The appliance combines convection, conduction, and infrared systems to ensure that you get a healthier, juicier, and faster way of cooking. Read on to understand how to use a nuwave oven to get all these benefits.
How Does a Nuwave Oven Work
Nuwave Oven is possibly one of the most advanced cooking appliances you’ll ever get. I surely believe that it is a perfect enhancement of air fryers.
The appliance uses infrared, conduction, and conventional cooking technology simultaneously to make your cooking process a breeze.
This is how each of the technique work:
- Infrared. This refers to wavelength emitted by heated bodies. Nuwave has developed and patented a unique Infrared technology that makes sure that your food browns nicely while cooking comprehensively on the inside. This is one of the features that make Nuwave Oven stand out from other conventional ovens.
- Convention. Most home ovens use conventional cooking techniques where hot air circulates to heat and cook food. When heated, the air becomes light and rises to the top of the oven. This movement occurs until your meals cook entirely.
- Conduction. This technique is useful in transferring heat from a hot material to any other good conductor material that comes into contact with it. This technique is useful when cooking using gas stoves and fry pans. Nuwave Ovens have a grill/dish that helps in heat transfer.
Since Nuwave Oven combines these three techniques, it guarantees quick and efficient cooking. When I compare it with a conventional oven, I am getting more browned and uniformly cooked meals.
I find this appliance important when cooking turkey or any other form of meat. Interestingly, you can cook your frozen meat without having to defrost it.
Is it Healthy to Use Nuwave Oven to Cook?
Nuwave Oven is one of the safest and healthiest cooking options in the market today. It does not involve the use of any harmful gas or other hazardous materials.
Additionally, the manufacturer designed this appliance to allow oils and other fats to settle at the bottom of your oven. This way, you’ll have less oil in your food, making it healthy and delicious.
Is Using Infrared for Cooking Healthy
Since the development of infrared cooking and the release of Nuwave Oven in the market, there have been questions on the safety of infrared when used in cooking appliances.
Consequently, multiple research studies have been conducted to determine the efficacy and possible health hazards of using this cooking approach.
In one of the studies, researchers endeavored to determine the effect of infrared on physicochemical properties and nutritional value of various foods. The findings showed that infrared, when used at the right dosage, is an environmentally friendly method of cooking.
As such, you should never fear using your Nuwave Infrared Oven. It will offer one of the safest and quickest methods to cook your meals!
How to Use a Nuwave Oven -Step-By-Step Guide
This appliance has pretty straightforward usage. The nuwave oven temperature settings are easy to access and set. This way, you’ll be sure that you can use the easy-to-navigate control panel to set your ideal temperature – based on the meal you want to cook.
- Prepare your Meals. You need to wash, dice, and undertake all other food prep exercises. Once you’re done, you should place them in the Nuwave Oven’s racks (If cooking many meals simultaneously, ensure that the quickest cooking ones are at the bottom).
- Plugin Your Appliance. After covering the oven, you should plugin and switch on the power source. If you’re using a digital nuwave oven, the control panel will light up to allow you to adjust the cooking settings.
- Press on the Cook Time Button. The oven is set to start at approximately 350F unless you program it otherwise. Additionally, you’ll be required to select the cooking time (in hours/minutes).
- Start Cooking. Once you’re through with all the settings, you should press the START button to start cooking your meals. When the set time is exhausted, the appliance will stop cooking and beep to alert you that the cooking process is complete.
On how to use a nuwave oven, I did not find it ideal for baking cookies and cakes. They largely don’t rise as you would wish. On baking, conventional ovens still perform better than the Nuwave Oven.
What Can I Cook in a Nuwave Oven/ Nuwave Oven Recipes
Nuwave Oven is a flexible cooking appliance that allows you to cook various meals to your satisfaction. You can boil, roast, grill, bake, dehydrate, or barbecue using this unique appliance.
What are the Benefits of Using Nuwave Oven for Cooking?
This appliance is highly versatile and it offers you numerous cooking options. It uses convection, conduction, and infrared cooking techniques, which makes it one of the most diverse cooking appliances in the market. Here are some of the advantages of using it:
- It is Faster. A Nuwave Oven will enable you to cook your meals 70% faster than when using a conventional oven.
- Saves Energy. This appliance uses 75% less energy to cook your meals. This way, you can be sure that it is healthy and economical.
- You can Cook Multiple Food. Nuwave Oven comes with many cooking racks, which enables you to cook different meals at the same time.
Disadvantages of Nuwave Oven
While this is a must-have appliance, it has a few shortcomings. They include:
- Difficult to bake
- Requires cleaning after every use
How to Use a Nuwave Oven Effectively – Unique Tips
- You don’t have to preheat your Nuwave Oven. Instead, just place your food inside the oven, enter all the settings, and start it
- The higher your food is, the faster it will cook. Your nuwave oven will, most likely, have 1-inch and 3-inch cooking racks. If you want your food to cook fast, ensure that it is raised closer to the heat source.
- Fastest Cooking Food Should Always Go at the Bottom. Contrary to the belief of many, Nuwave Oven heats from the top. As such, you should always ensure that your fastest cooking meals are placed at the bottom to avoid overcooking. This is especially important if you’re cooking multiple meals at the same time.
- Always Clean Your Nuwave Oven after Every Use. Maintaining your appliance ensures enhanced efficacy over a prolonged period. Most of its parts are dishwasher safe, which guarantees a quick and safe cleaning process.
How to Clean Nuwave Oven after Use
You should clean your nuwave oven immediately after buying it. Additionally, you should clean it after every use to ensure longevity and top-notch functionality.
To complete the process successfully, you’ll need a clean piece of cloth, soapy water, and a sponge.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Cleaning Nuwave Oven
Unplug and disassemble your Nuwave Oven
Using a damp sponge, wash the plastic dome, the cooking rack, the liner pan, and the base (always ensure you use warm soapy water)
Wipe the powerhead using a damp piece of cloth to remove dirt or food.
If you wish, you can use a dishwasher to clean your nuwave oven EXCEPT for the powerhead to avoid destruction.
Additionally, you should avoid using highly abrasive cleansers on the plastic and metal parts of your nuwave oven. This way, you’ll be guaranteed longevity.
How to Use a Nuwave Oven -The Bottom Line
You’ve recently bought your Nuwave Oven but you have no idea how to use it. If you want to unlock its benefits, you’ll need to learn all the basics of how to use a nuwave oven.
The kitchen appliance will help to unlock your cooking potential. It combines convection, conduction, and infrared cooking approaches, making it one of the most advanced kitchen appliances.
With it, you’ll be able to bake, boil, air fry, and undertake many other cooking escapades without a hassle. However, we wouldn’t recommend it for baking since it limits raising, thus making a conventional oven the better option.
Overall, this is a must-have kitchen appliance!
This article will highlight everything you need to know about the appliance -ranging from the cooking process, cleaning, and ensuring the top-notch functionality of the appliance. Additionally, it has a step-by-step guide on how to use a nuwave oven to cook various meals.