If you’re a coffee-lover, then you’ll certainly marvel at the unique taste of bulletproof coffee. This signature beverage is all you need to kick start your day!
However, you’d ordinarily require a blender to make a cup of this amazing drink. Confused that you may not enjoy it due to lack of the best blender?
Well, you shouldn’t worry anymore! This article will teach you how to make bulletproof coffee without blender! Read on to learn more.
What is Bulletproof Coffee? The Story Behind Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof coffee is a high-calorie beverage that was developed and promoted by Dave Asprey, an American entrepreneur.
He developed the bulletproof coffee while hiking in Tibet where he tasted yak-butter tea. On returning to the US, he tried making buttered drinks.
After several trials, this diet author published the initial bulletproof recipe on his blog in 2009. He recommended the drink for people who want to lose weight without compromising on their nutritional needs.
Since then, the drink has become popular in the United States. It remains one of the most sought-after beverages, especially by individuals who are determined to lose weight. However, the drink is ideal for anyone.
Why is it Called Bulletproof Coffee?
Well, Bulletproof is a brand name. The name was adopted by Dave Asprey immediately after publishing the coffee recipe.
Additionally, he patented the name and registered Bulletproof 360, inc and Bulletproof Nutrition Inc. in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
When asked why he chose the name Bulletproof, Asprey indicated that the name was a gift from one of his neighbors on a Virgin Atlantic flight from London.
What are the Ingredients for Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is made from the following ingredients:
- Coffee (low-mold coffee)
- Unsalted butter
- MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides coconut oil)
These ingredients are blended to yield an exceptionally tasty and creamy drink. The high-calorie drink will substitute for a heavy breakfast without much fuss.
Interestingly, bulletproof beverage uses a unique form of coffee. The low-mold coffee is arguably mycotoxin-free, thus making it healthier than your ordinary coffee.
What is Low-Mold Coffee as Used in Bulletproof Beverage?
Low-mold coffee is the creation of Asprey. He argued that coffee beans can be infested by mycotoxins if not well processed. Consequently, he developed coffee beans that are arguably mycotoxin-free.
The dieting professional advises the use of this coffee when making the bulletproof beverage. He argues that coffee drinkers risk-taking mold toxins, including ochratoxin.
Consequently, the toxins will lead to poor mental ability making the consumers have low intelligence quotients (IQ).
Where Can I Buy Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is found in different stores in the United States. It has spread in almost all states and you’ll surely find them in your favorite store.
Here are some of the common bulletproof coffee packages you can consider:
- Bulletproof The Original Medium Roast Ground Coffee, Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil and Grass-Fed Ghee, Keto Diet Friendly, Bundle
- The Mentalist Ground Coffee, Medium Dark Roast, Keto Friendly, Certified Clean Coffee, Rainforest Alliance, Ground, 12 Ounces
All these bulletproof packages are ideal for both pour-over and drip coffee makers, thus guaranteeing versatility.
Besides the bulletproof coffee, you will need to have the following:
Here are some of the best MCT Oils to consider:
- Nature’s Way 100% Potency Pure Source MCT Oil from Coconut – Certified Paleo, Certified Vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, 30 FL Ounce (Packaging May Vary)
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Brain Health 100% Organic Coconut MCT Oil 32 fl oz Unflavored, 13g MCTs, Keto & Paleo Diet Friendly Body & Brain Fuel, Certified Non-GMO Vegan & Gluten-Free, Hexane-Free
Here are some of the best grass-fed butter brands to consider:
- Original Grass-Fed Ghee by 4th & Heart, 16 Ounce, Keto, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose-Free, Certified Paleo
- Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee Butter by 4th & Heart, 16 Ounce, Keto, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose-Free, Certified Paleo
- Original Grass-Fed Ghee Butter by 4th & Heart, 32 Ounce (2 x 16oz Jars), Keto, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose and Casein Free, Certified Paleo
- Organic Original Grass-fed Ghee, Butter by ANCIENT ORGANICS, 32 oz., Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose – Casein – Gluten FREE, Certified KOSHER – 100% Organic Certified – USDA Approved (In Gift Box)
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Without Blender
Have you gone camping and you can’t resist the urge to have your favorite cup of bulletproof coffee? Well, this can be frustrating since you, most likely, didn’t carry a blender.
However, you shouldn’t worry! We’ve got a solution for you.
Here is what you’ll need to make bulletproof coffee without a blender:
- A tablespoonful of MCT Oil
- 8 Ounces of your Favorite Bulletproof Coffee
- A tablespoonful of Grass-Fed Butter
- Empty Glass Jay
- An Empty Mug
- A Wire Whisker
- Insulation Towel
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Without Blender: Step-by-Step Guide
- Pre-boil bulletproof coffee (approximately 8 ounces)
- Place your butter in the glass jar and add MCT oil
- Place your whisker into the glass jar and cover it using an airtight lid
- Cover the glass jar with a towel and shake well. Ensure that it becomes creamy.
- Pour it into the mug and enjoy your bulletproof coffee
Yes! It is that simple. Even when at home, you can opt to use this technique if you do not want the hassle of cleaning the blender after use.
Additionally, making bulletproof coffee without a blender is fast and it saves your electricity.
Is Bulletproof Bad for My Health?
Having a cup of your favorite bulletproof coffee is fine. However, it is necessary to consider some of its downsides when used as a breakfast substitute. They include:
- It is Low In Nutrients
Bulletproof coffee provides lots of fats, which makes you full and reduces your appetite (the reason why it is recommended for weight loss).
Grass-fed butter only contains vitamins A, K2, and conjugated linoleic acid. On the other hand, the MCT oil is highly refined and lacks essential nutrients.
As such, replacing your meals with bulletproof coffee will surely deny you some essential nutrients, necessary for optimum body functioning.
- Has High Saturated Fats
When taken in large amounts, saturated fats can result in health problems. However, the right amounts are essential for the body.
As such, you should always strive to strike a balance. To achieve this, we recommend that you only take bulletproof coffee occasionally.
- May Raise Your Cholesterol Level
Ketogenic diets are high in fats. Bulletproof coffee falls in this category (this is particularly occasioned by the butter).
Can Bulletproof Coffee Help in Weight Loss?
Yes, bulletproof coffee is one the surest technique to help you healthily lose weight. Its ingredients are designed to reduce food intake while keeping you full.
However, bulletproof coffee cannot work in isolation. You must continue to live a healthy life and exercise regularly to achieve optimum benefits.
Also, you should remember that bulletproof coffee is a low-calorie drink. As such, you should continue to eat a balanced diet to ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it requires for optimum health.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Without a Blender – The Bottom Line
If you have been wondering how to make bulletproof coffee without blender, then this comprehensive guide will sort your problems out.
It highlights all the nutritional benefits that you’ll get from bulletproof coffee. Additionally, you’ll get a step-by-step guide on how to make bulletproof coffee without blender.
If you want to go camping while enjoying your best drink, then you do not have to carry your blender along! Just follow this simple-to-understand guide and you’ll be good!