Are you tired of buying French fries in fast food restaurants? Well, you’ll undoubtedly turn the situation around when you learn how to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer!
If you haven’t attempted frozen French fries in your air fryer yet, you’re in for a treat. Air-fried French fries are tastier and crispier that your ordinary fries. You will enjoy all through and you can never have enough.
Bid goodbye to fast foods. With only a bag of frozen French fries and an air fryer, you will have a fast and easy dish.
If you have no idea how to cook Frozen fries in an air fryer, then worry no more! This article provides a comprehensive guide on the best approaches to use to cook your french fries like a pro!
You can be sure that they’ll taste better than your normal French fries in fast foods. Just use your air fryer to cook frozen French fries and liberate yourself the energy, time and kilo-calories of deep frying or baking.
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer – Definitions
Description of Air Fryer
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism.
A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer via the browning and mallard reactions
Description of Frozen French Fries
Frozen French fries are raw potatoes that are first chopped and cut into strips. They then go through the process of washing, blanching, drying, frying and then freezing.
Amazing Benefits of Air Fried Frozen French Fries
Air frying recipe is a healthy way of cooking your food because its hygienic. Its packaging prevents any form of bacteria. As such, you can always be sure your food is not contaminated in any way.
These kind of recipes are more advantageous because they require less or no oil as compared to conventional fried foods. This makes air frying foods more nourishing for the body.
Are you tired of waiting for hours eager to enjoy your favorite snack?
Well, you don’t have to go through the hassle any longer. Frozen French fries require only 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, including pre-heating time.
Another awesome benefit is you don’t have to pre-heat your air fryer. However, you can opt to pre-heat since the French fries are frozen. This ensures that you attain good results of your French fries.
Preheating ensures that your fries are crispy by having the right temperature controls and air flow at the right levels.
Another incredible benefit of frozen French fries is that potatoes contain vitamin B6 which has a very big role in strengthening the immune system of a human body and also the way the body functions.
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer – Ingredients
- 500g of frozen fries or less
- Salt to taste
Condiments to serve (optional)
- Barbecue sauce
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer : A Complete Guide
Cooking frozen fries in your air fryer has never been this amazing. It’ simple, all you need to do is follow this steps and you will be good to go;
- Preheat your air fryer to 400f, sprinkle the basket with some oil
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle the fries with some oil. Season the fries as you desire maybe some white pepper, cinnamon, and soy sauce.
- Cook the fries for 20-25 minutes
- Toss the fries after they cook for a while to ensure your fries cook evenly
- Ensure your fries are well cooked, crispy and golden
- Add some salt to taste and serve while hot with your favorite mayonnaise or sauce
Top Tips on How to Cook Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer
- You can always modify the cooking time depending on the level of crispiness you desire in your French fries or how thick the French fries are. For crispier or thicker fries, increase your cooking time. For softer or thinner fries, decrease your cooking time.
- If your air fryer cannot revolve, always ensure you keep shaking your basket to ensure that your French fries are evenly cooked.
- Do not sprinkle lots of oil or your French fries will be mushy gushy.
- Try enjoying your favorite snack with different condiments for a more foodie snack.
- You don’t have to preheat your air fryer, but mind out your cooking time may prolong.
- Do not overcrowd your basket-you don’t require to have just one layer on the bottom of the basket. You can always add another layer on top.
- You may be required to cook in different batches depending on the amount of people you’re serving so as to avoid overcrowding in the basket.
- Cook till you obtain crispy French fries- same as ovens used in baking, air fryers have different cooking time and temperatures. Time set for at specific temperatures may not always be enough, you can always increase your cooking time to attain awesome, crispy French fries.
Nutritional Information on Frozen French Fries
|Nutritional element||Amount per serving (g)|
Nutritional information is approximated based on the cooking instructions, as described in different recipes and is considered to be used for information purposes only.
Always note that nutrition details vary on the basis of origin, methods of preparation and freshness of the ingredients maybe your potatoes being used in the recipe.
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer – The Bottom Line
If you love and enjoy simplicity and ease of cooking, then get the tips on how to cook frozen French fries in air fryer! This offers an ideal way to make French fries tender on the inside, crunchy and crispy on the outside. Frozen French fries are also way nourishing than those fried in oil.
This is also a perfect all time snack for children who are quite choosy on food or anyone who might be craving for junk without any remorse. Enjoy your best loved French fries unseasoned or seasoned it works magic
It’s an easy way to enjoy your free time as you enjoy cooking frozen fries in an air fryer and it only takes 20 minutes,try it out today and you’ll never miss cooking this amazing snack of all time.
Chef Boniface is a graduate in Culinary Arts from the Institute of Culinary Education, New York. He has worked in several restaurants and is currently the Head Chef at Cavali Restaurant.
He has excelled in developing unique recipes and influencing the menu at the restaurant. He prides himself in sharing his knowledge at thekitchenpot.com where he writes about the best cookware for various recipes.