Did you know that you can prepare Hamburgers, pancakes, and Paninis at home without a hassle? Well, all you need is an electric griddle! Despite its benefits, how to clean electric griddle fast is a headache for many kitchen lovers! If you’re in such a situation, then this guide is for you!
It’s essential to maintain the griddle surface clean to extend its useful lifespan. Luckily, the cleaning process is not challenging. Even if the pancakes burned on its surface, cleaning the appliance is easy.
There are numerous ways to clean an electric griddle. While cleaning procedures and materials vary from person to person, the goal is universal: a nice looking, and a clean griddle that allows for delicious and efficient cooking of unadulterated meals.
How to Clean Electric Griddle
Let’s have a look at the methods you can use to clean the electric griddle. Follow the listed steps to make easy cleaning work.
Never use steel wool or any abrasive material to clean your electric griddle!
What You’ll Need
When it comes to the cleaning task, patience is fundamental! You must take ample time when cleaning the appliance to prevent damaging of some parts. Or else, you’ll be back on the market to look for a new griddle. While cleaning the cookware equipment, be gentle to get the best outcome.
1. Cleaning Electric Griddle Using Soapy Water and Sponge
- Dish-washing liquid
- Hot water
- Some clean clothes
- Paper towels
How to Clean
- Start by disconnecting the griddle from the power source. Safety First!
An electric griddle is an electric appliance. So unplugging it won’t cause damage to the device (or to you). From there, you can continue safely.
Also, griddles can be hot and can burn you badly when handled with less care.
- Using a paper towel, get rid of the oily substances from the griddle’s surface. Clear the oil as much as possible by scrubbing it lightly.
- Carefully pour some hot water on your griddle then top up some dish-washing liquid. After that, using a sponge, rub the griddle surface gently to remove the gunk and burnt food particles that got stuck.
- With that done, dry the griddle then clean the sponge.
- Add more hot water on the griddle again then add some dish-washing liquid. Using the sponge that you cleaned, clean the griddle surface gently. This helps in removing all leftover burnt food particles on the surface of your appliance.
Immediately you remove all the gunk, clean the griddle plate by rinsing it thoroughly to get rid of any remaining traces of dish-washing liquid. This leaves you with a shiny looking griddle that resembles a brand new appliance.
Using a paper towel or a dry cloth, wipe down the griddle then dry it out carefully before you plug it.
2. How to Clean Electric Griddle Using a Spatula for the Tough Grease
- Warm soap solution
- Metal spatula
- Clean clothes
- Heat resistant gloves
How to Clean
- Turn on the griddle then set it on low heat then watch as the grease heat up.
Immediately the grease is hot, it will lessen up. Once done that, use a flat head spatula then carefully scrape off all grease. Ensure you wear heatproof gloves during this step. If you handle the griddle carelessly you can cause harm to your hands.
Also, make sure you stand some distance away from the electric griddle when using the spatula.
- After you’ve removed excess grease, switch off the appliance.
- With that done, disconnect the appliance from the power then allow it cool. But if the griddle has some hard grease, fill the griddle with some warm solution then allow it to stay for about 30 minutes.
- Dip a sponge in a warm soapy solution to get rid of any traces of grease left then wipe the whole appliance using a clean cloth to clear the watermarks.
- Soak a clean cloth in cold water then wipe over the griddle carefully. This eliminates all air marks from the machine.
Make sure you repeat the step above for 3 to 4 times. This will make your electric griddle brand new.
3. How to Clean Electric Griddle Using Baking Soda and Vinegar
What You Need
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Soap solution
How to Clean
- Remove the unit from power then allow it cool. Most electric griddles can get hot. So let the appliance cool before you touch it.
If the appliance has a removable griddle surface, ensure you remove the plate from the unit for quick cleaning.
- With that done, soak your griddle plate on some warm soapy water for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the surface of the griddle using a clean sponge. Use some pressure to clear out the stubborn bits.
- Alternatively, if the unit lacks a removable plate, place the sponge on a solution made of two parts of water and one part of ginger then wring it properly.
- Again, use the sponge to clear out grease from the griddle plate. If you expose any electrical component to the cleaning agent might damage the griddle.
- Sometimes you can encounter some stubborn grease. But removing them is not a stressor! Just apply some paste made of baking soda and water. Using a sponge or a paper towel, carefully wipe grease and the baking soda from the griddle surface.
- Finally, allow the unit to dry off moisture.
4. How to Clean Electric Griddle Using Grease Cutting Soap + Soak
What you need
- Paper towel
- Nylon scrubber
- Grease cutting soap
- Warm water
- Disconnect the equipment then let it slightly cool. More so, remove its plug from the power connector port.
- Fill your kitchen sink with hot water, then grease the cutting soap.
- Plunge the griddle in water so that its connector port is outside the water. Allow it soak for 20 minutes.
- Using a dishcloth or a nylon scrubber, wipe the surface of the griddle. After the soak, the stubborn bits will easily fall off.
- Having done that, turn the griddle over then clean its outer parts for any drips.
- Finally, dry off your electric griddle using a clean towel then place it on air to allow any water that entered the connector port to move out.
Note: During the cleaning process, ensure that water doesn’t get inside the connector port.
How to Clean Electric Griddle: Bottom Line
Cleaning stubborn bits an electric griddle requires some patience. And if you want your appliance to last long, ensure you clean it immediately after cooking your food before the grease settles down. You can easily clean the grease immediately after cooking.