HexClad is renowned for its high-quality nonstick pans and pots. All their products are designed in the USA but manufactured in Asia using a patented laser etching technology.
So, is HexClad worth the money? Are their pans and pots durable? We bought the pan and tested its efficacy, nonstick properties, and heat conductivity. Here is a comprehensive HexClad hybrid cookware review based on personal experience.
HexClad is my favorite cookware brand! I find the pans and pots quite stylish, practical, and highly affordable. It works well with all cooktops, including induction hobs!
Why HexClad Hybrid Cookware?
In this section, I’ll be brief on what makes HexClad cookware stand out from its competition. I’ll go into depth in the next section:
- Unique and Patented Laser Etched Hybrid Technology
- Hybrid (stainless steel and nonstick) Construction
- Features a Hexagon Design that Creates Peaks and Valleys for Consistent Heating
- Tri-Ply Construction with an Aluminum Middle Layer for Even Heating
- Dishwasher safe
- Chemical Free – Cookware is PFOA-free
- Easy to Clean Up
- Stay-Cool Handles
- Lifetime Warranty
Additionally, HexClad pans and pots are dishwasher safe, scratch-resistant, and you can use them in an oven for up to 500 degrees F.
Seasoning HexClad pans is necessary. If you don’t season them once in a while, they may gradually lose their nonstick properties!
HexClad Tri-Ply Construction – How Tri-Ply Pans Work
HexClad pans and pots have three layers to boost their functionality, improve durability, and enhance ease of use. The three layers of construction include:
- Magnetic Stainless Steel. This layer ensures that the pan works on all cooktops, including gas, electric, and induction.
- Middle Aluminum Layer. This layer acts as the heating element. It ensures uniform heat distribution, thus eliminating hot spots and ensuring that your food cooks uniformly.
- One More Layer of Steel. This layer further enhances the functionality of your cookware. It guarantees ease of cleaning and an attractive shiny appearance.
From this construction, you can be sure that HexClad cookware will deliver efficient results, whether you’re searing, sautéing, braising, or whichever cooking you’re doing.
HexClad Unique Patented Laser Etching Design
HexClad uses patented technology to design its pots and pans. It guarantees nonstick surfaces that are easy to clean. Its laser etching design yields highly ergonomic and efficient cookware.
Here are the benefits of the technology:
The unique technology results in a hexagonal design with a series of peaks and valleys. The valleys have a nonstick surface, which ensures that cleaning your pans is a breeze.
Adding nonstick surfaces to these valleys allows you to cook with little to no oil, thus ensuring that you achieve a healthy meal for your family.
Stainless Steel Peaks
The peaks offer a stainless steel surface which enhances your cooking escapades. It improves your searing and sautéing process, ensuring that you achieve golden brown meals.
Additionally, these stainless steel peaks protect your pan from peeling and flaking, thus guaranteeing durability. As such, you can freely use your best metal spatulas without the fear of peeling the nonstick surface.
The etching process helps in ensuring that your pan heats evenly. As a result, you can be sure that you will not have hot spots, which eliminates the chances of your food sticking on your pan.
As such, it will be easy for you to fry eggs and turn them by merely flipping your pans. Yes, these pans are that nonstick!
3 Best HexClad Hybrid Pan and Pots
HexClad Hybrid Pans and Pots are constructed using laser etching technology to achieve a hexagonal design. They have peaks and valleys to ensure that you achieve uniform heat distribution, thus eliminating hotspots.
They feature three layers of construction, with an aluminum core sandwiched by two stainless steel layers. The outer stainless steel is magnetized to ensure that you use induction cooktops without a hassle.
Additionally, the cookware ensures that you use the least amount of oil as its valleys nonstick are entirely nonstick, making it super hard for any food to stick. You can use a metal spatula since the set is resistant to scratches.
- Durable tri-ply construction
- Unique HexClad hexagon design is created through a laser etching process
- Compatible with all cooktops
- PFOA-free, oven safe up to 500 degrees
- Scratch resistant and won’t scuff or wear down from use of metal utensils
This set includes:
- 12″ Pan w/ Lid
- 10″ Pan w/ Lid
- 8″ Pan w/ Lid
- 12” Wok
|Has Nonstick Coating||Yes|
|Is Oven Safe||Yes|
|Is Dishwasher Safe||Yes|
|Item Diameter||12 Inches|
|Has Nonstick Coating||Yes|
|Is Oven Safe||Yes|
How to Use Your HexClad Cookware for the First Time
When you buy your first set of HexClad cookware, you should:
Use warm water and soap to clean the cookware. This removes dust particles and ensures that your pan is ready for use, with no health implications. Once you’re through with cleaning, ensure that you dry your pan using a clean kitchen towel.
You should NEVER start using your pans before you season them. This will guarantee nonstick cooking and improve your overall cooking experiences. To achieve this, follow the following simple steps:
- Place your pan on any cooktop
- Heat it under medium-low heat
- Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil on the interior and swirl it to spread to the entire surface
- Let the pan heat for approximately 2 minutes (or until you can see some smoke coming from its surface)
- Remove it, let it cool, and wipe the excess oil away
Once you finish with this process, you’ll have strengthened your pan’s nonstick feature, and you’ll enjoy unmatched cooking benefits.
Your cookware will re-season itself every time you use it. As such, you will see improved cooking results as you continue using the pans.
Always Store It Dry
When you finish cooking, you should clean your pan. Always ensure that you DRY it thoroughly before you store it.
How to Cook Using HexClad Hybrid Cookware
Cooking using this hybrid cookware is pretty simple. There is nothing special about the cooking approach, and you’ll just cook your meals just as you’re used to.
However, here are a few tips that will enable you to enjoy your cooking escapades even better:
- Always Preheat your HexClad Pans. Most recipes require that you preheat the pan before you start cooking. To achieve this, place your pan on a stovetop under low-medium heat and let it heat for 2 minutes. To test whether it is hot enough, sprinkle a few drops of water. If it sizzles, then the pan is ready. If it evaporates fast, you should let the pan cool a little bit before cooking.
- Add a Small Amount of Butter/Oil. When using HexClad pans, you shouldn’t use too much oil since the pan is nonstick. However, you may need to spread butter, especially when cooking eggs, since they are sticky and can easily lead to a messy cooking escapade if you use dry pans.
- Use Low or Medium Heat. Low to medium heat ensures that your food does not burn. Additionally, slow cooking yields better and well-cooked meals. However, you may use high heat depending on the recipe (start with lower heat and raise it as need be)
- Avoid Overheating the Cookware. When preheating or seasoning your pans, you should always ensure that you do not overheat them. Approximately 2-3 minutes will be enough to season your pan adequately.
HexClad Hybrid Cookware Review: Is it Worth the Money?
HexClad Hybrid pans and pots use a unique laser edging technology that ensures that you get the best out of your investment.
In my opinion, these pans are among the best in the market. Their surfaces are nonstick, and you can be sure that you’ll have an easy time making your meals, regardless of how sticky they are.
Additionally, you can use the pans with any stovetop. It doesn’t matter whether it is an induction hob, a gas stovetop, or an electric stove; you’ll get equally excellent results.
Even better, these pans come with a limited lifetime warranty! This is a testament that they are built to last.
HexClad Hybrid Cookware Reviews – The Bottom Line
If you need an extra set of cookware in your kitchen, you can easily be confused by the many brands available in the market. It is notably trickier when you are on a tight budget.
However, it would be best to look at the quality and longevity of cookware first before considering the budget. While HexClad cookware can be a bit pricey, I recommend that you save extra bucks and get them – it will be worth it.
The cookware uses tri-ply construction, which guarantees top-notch functionality. The presence of an aluminum core sandwiched by steel layers makes the pots have a uniform heat distribution.
Additionally, these pans use a patented technology that makes them unique. Their outward appearance is also high-quality. They are elegant and stylish!
HexClad Hybrid Cookware Reviews – FAQs
Is HexClad worth the money?
HexClad pans and pots are worth every coin you spend on them. They are manufactured using a unique laser edge technology that yields a hexagonal design, responsible for their unmatched non stick properties. You will require little to no oil when using the pans, making them both economical and healthy.
Is HexClad Hybrid Cookware Safe?
HexClad pans are PFOA-free. However, they contain PTFE, which is inert and safe. As such, these pans are primarily safe for use, even in an oven up to 500 degrees F.
Where is HexClad cookware made?
HexClad pans and pots are designed in Los Angeles but made in Asia.
Who Owns HexClad?
Daniel Winer is the CEO and President of HexClad Hybrid Cookware
Why are my HexClad pans sticking?
You may be using too high heat. Adjust the heat to medium-low. If sticking continues, you should season the pan by placing it on a stovetop, adding vegetable oil, and letting it heat for approximately 2 minutes.