If you’re new to the world of grilling, choosing the right grill among a sea of available options is an uphill task.
It becomes even more complicated when you want to make your barbecue inside your kitchen. In that case, your favorite gas and charcoal grill combo won’t work! Do you even have enough space for it?
If you’re in that situation, then there is a solution for you! And that’s purchasing the best smokeless grill to get the tastiest BBQ at the comfort of your house.
But what features should you consider when you step to shop for your ideal grill?
This Gotham steel smokeless grill review analyzes its pros and cons. Will it make the cut?
Read on as I share my experience with Gotham steel smokeless grill. Is it the right smokeless grill for you? Let’s find out.
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Review -Brief Overview
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.32 x 14.96 x 3.94 inches|
|Item Weight||4.9 Pounds|
The Gotham steel smokeless grill features a nonstick ceramic surface to ensure that you cook your food to perfection -without the worry of sticking. It has a detachable temperature dial with four different heat/cooking settings (warm, low, medium, and high heat).
The diverse cooking options make the Gotham smokeless grill highly dynamic. You can use it for cooking different types of meals ranging from hotdogs to your favorite BBQ.
For your safety, the grill comes with cool-touch handles and a heat-proof frame. Even better, all the grill’s parts easily pull apart, thus making cleaning and storage a breeze.
Its removable grease catcher is ceramic-coated and detachable. As such, you’ll have an easy time cleaning the greasy tray while ensuring that you avoid a smoky kitchen.
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Review – Is It Really Smokeless?
Well, this grill scores averagely on this parameter. You’ll get manageable smoke initially, but it will diminish as you proceed with your grilling.
As such, the Gotham grill is your forte if you love smokeless cooking environments.
But how does a smokeless grill work?
You’d expect that grilling meat and preparing your BBQ would yield lots of smoke. Well, that doesn’t happen when you’re using a smokeless grill.
- Use of Smokeless Technology. Smokeless grills have an electric fan that aids in warding off smoke.
- It Has a Nonstick Grate. The grill grates have a ceramic-titanium cover that enables you to grill your food without sticking to the surface.
- A Removable Drip Tray. When cooking fatty meals, it is possible that oil drips from your food. If allowed to remain on the food, it will heat up, resulting in clouds of smoke. The Gotham grill has a removable tray where the oil is collected, thus eliminating any smoking chance. You can add a little water to the tray, thus preventing the oil from heating up.
Why Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill is Unique
Easy-to-Heat Grilling Grate
This appliance comes with a unique grilling grate that heats within a short time (approximately 5 minutes). The grill grate heats evenly, ensuring that your food cooks uniformly.
The cooking surface of this grill is hardened with titanium. The titanium-ceramic cover is scratch-resistant, thus guaranteeing durability.
This feature makes it easy for you to use any cleaning agent (even the abrasive ones) in case of a stain.
A Unique Construction Technology
Gotham electric smokeless grill uses the Ti-Ceramic technology to infuse titanium into its ceramic coating. This construction method yields a non-porous and non-stick cooking surface. The surface is non-reactive and safe for grilling.
Besides the convenience, the Ti-Ceramic concept offers other benefits, including:
- Durability. The coating is abrasion-resistant. The titanium infusion ensures wear-resistance, thus ensuring longevity. However, you should avoid using excessively sharp knives or spatulas since they may scratch the surface a little.
- Less Oil Requirement. Since the surface is non-stick, you will not require oil to cook your meals. Just place them on the grill grate and enjoy the grilling process.
- Ease of Cleaning. The titanium infused grill grate is easy to clean. All you need is a piece of cloth and warm soapy water to complete the cleaning process. We advise against using a dishwasher.
Drip Pan Cools Oil Down
When you are cooking oily food, you’re likely to experience more smoke as the oil heats up. To remedy this, the Gotham steel grill has a drip pan that collects all the fat from your food, thus preventing it from heating up.
Easy to Use
The Gotham smokeless grill and griddle has a pretty straightforward control panel. It offers a near smokeless cooking experience inside your kitchen. Its cooking is relatively large, enabling you to cook tasty meals for your entire family to enjoy.
It has four cooking settings that are simple-to-adjust. This feature enables you to set the temperature low, medium, medium-high, and high depending on the meal that you’re cooking.
A Detailed Cookbook
The Gotham smokeless grill comes with a detailed cookbook that gives cooking tips. It enumerates all the foods that you can make using the grill, the ideal temperature, and the cooking time for each food item.
As such, this grill is ideal even for beginners. All you’ll need is to prepare your ingredients and follow the instructions as highlighted in the cookbook!
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Review – Is it Worth the Money?
This grill is exceptional on some elements but a little poor on others. This section highlights our likes and dislikes on the product.
What We Like
- Easy to Clean
- Scratch Resistant
- Heats Up Quickly
What We Do Not Like
- Not Entirely Smokeless – Expect a Little Smoke
- Some Foods Sticks to the Surface (Experienced this when cooking hamburgers)
- Relatively Small -Not Ideal When Cooking for Many People
Since this product (as seen on TV) is entirely smokeless, we felt shortchanged when it yielded quite a substantial amount of smoke when making our hamburgers.
Overall, we rate the product 3-star and we believe you can get better alternatives. Here are a few of top Gotham steel smokeless grill alternatives:
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Alternatives
Our Top 3 Picks for Smokeless Indoor Grills
- 500F high-density grill grate creates char-grilled marks and flavors,
- Cyclonic Grilling Technology for food that’s perfectly cooked on the inside and char-grilled on every side
- Transform foods from frozen to perfectly char-grilled in 25 minutes
- Air fry crisp with up to 75% less fat
- 760-watt unit; 10″ x 10″ PTFE/PFOA-free, nonstick, ceramic-coated grill grate
|Color||Silver With Silver/Black Dials|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||13.5 x 11.5 x 7.12 inches|
|Item Weight||8 Pounds|
|Material type free||BPA Free|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12 x 12 x 6.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.62 Pounds|
Other Smokeless Indoor Grills to Consider
- Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Removable Grill and Griddle Plates, Nonstick Cooking Surfaces, Glass Lid
- Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- De’Longhi Perfecto Indoor Grill, 16 in. x 12 in, Black
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Review – Bottom Line
Gotham steel smokeless grill offers several benefits, including a nonstick cooking surface, fast grill grate heat-up, and an easy-to-clean surface. It provides a chance for you to grill your meals indoors, even when you’re doing it for a relatively large family.
However, Gotham steel smokeless grill reviews online are not so great. We purchased it for testing its functionality, and we can see why the grill is scoring an average of 3-star.
This grill is not entirely smokeless! At the initial grilling stages, you will get substantial smoke, which will decrease with time. If you expect a wholly smokeless encounter, then this grill might disappoint you.
This article has offered smokeless grills that we feel performs better than the Gotham steel smokeless grill. Read through the guide to make an informed decision.
Gotham Steel Smokeless Grill Review – Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy Gotham steel smokeless grill?
The grill is available in online stores. You can buy from Amazon.
Is the Gotham smokeless indoor grill any good?
The grill has many benefits, including nonstick surface, scratch-resistant surfaces, and fast heat up. However, this grill is not 100% smokeless.
What is the price of the Gotham steel smokeless grill?
The grill costs $40 to $50. Amazon offers the best price at $41
Does a power smokeless grill work?
Yes, smokeless grills are built with a motorized fan that wards off smoke. They include an oil drip pan that prevents oil from heating up, thus ensuring a smoke-free environment. However, the construction of specific grills determines how smokeless they will be.
Chef Boniface is a graduate in Culinary Arts from the Institute of Culinary Education, New York. He has worked in several restaurants and is currently the Head Chef at Cavali Restaurant.
He has excelled in developing unique recipes and influencing the menu at the restaurant. He prides himself in sharing his knowledge at thekitchenpot.com where he writes about the best cookware for various recipes.