While some people can manage a skillet, serious chefs should own the best sauté pan to brush up their culinary expertise. A standard sauté pan is a distinctly versatile piece of kitchen appliance helping you to do way more than just sauté in it.
Whether you wish to reduce the time you spend in your kitchen or try your luck in practicing the new found pastime activity (cookery), sauté pans will come in handy.
The best sauté pans are ideal in much more activities, such as quick grilling or searing on the stovetop. They can also be used in making sauces and a lot more.
Selecting the best sauté pan is important. Therefore, this article will guide you through the entire process of selecting the best sauté pan by providing the information you might require when shopping. In the article we’ve included a collection of some of 9 best sauté pans! Read on and choose the best sauté pan to revolutionize your cooking.
Best Sauté Pan – Comparison
|Calphalon Classic Nonstick Sauté Pan||-Dual-layer nonstick for easy food release, and quick cleanup
Tempered glass lid
-Durable hard-anodized aluminum construction
-Cast stay-cool stainless steel long handles
-Oven safe up to 450ºF
|Cook Standard Multi-ply Clad Deep Sauté pan||-Multi-ply clad has 2 layers of 18/10 stainless steel and an aluminum core along base and walls
-Works on Induction, gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc. ; Oven safe to 500F; Dishwasher safe
-Stainless steel for durability and appearance; Aluminum core for even/quick heat distribution
|All-clad 4403 Stainless Steel Sauté Pan||-Tall, straight sides prevent splattering. -Broiler safe
-Ideal for sauteing, browning, and searing
-Durable three-ply construction for even heat
-Stick-resistant 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface
-Convenient capacity marking on pan's bottom
3-Ply bonded construction
-Dishwasher-safe; Hand-washing recommended
|Tramontina 80116/058DS Gourmet Stainless Steel Sauté Pan||-Tri-Ply clad construction (18/10 stainless steel, aluminum core, magnetic stainless steel)
-Precision cast riveted handle and mirror-polished stainless-steel lid
-Compatible with all cooktops, including induction; Oven safe up to 500°F
|Cuisinart 733-394 Chef’s Classic Sauté Pan||-Chef's Choice Stainless: Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance.
-Unsurpassed Heat Distribution: Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots.
-Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring.
Best Sauté Pan- Definition
A sauté pan is a medium depth skillet or pan, which has straight or rounded sides, along with the handle, and a cover. It is generally made of metal with a thick ground base that allows temperature change to occur rapidly as the level of the heat applied to it is either increased or decreased.
9 Best Sauté Pans
This sauté pan is one of the best choices for a non-stick pan. The calphalon classic pan is not high-cost like most of the pans, but it still offers the same qualities.
The pan is made of cast stainless steel with a Teflon coating on the bottom surface. Due to its sturdy construction, food doesn’t stick on the surface, even when cooking without oil.
The calphalon classic sauté pan is a unique one as compared to other non-stick Pans because it can be placed in an oven with high temperatures of up to 450 degrees.
Another amazing feature is that it comes with a tempered glass lid to prevent any bespatter while cooking. The handles of this sauté pan are user friendly and they remain cool even when placed on the stovetop.
- Handles are user friendly because they remain cool while cooking on the stove
- The sauté pan is stocked up with a tempered glass lid to prevent splashes
- The calphalon classic pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees
- The sauté pan is not dishwasher safe
- The lid is not oven safe
The cook standard multi-ply pan is constructed with 8/10 stainless steel. However, it is only 2 ply iron clad pan.
The sauté pan is pocket friendly than most of the pans we’ve reviewed and is one of the most sizable with the capacity of up to 5 quarts.
The cook standard multi-ply pan is oven safe with up to 450 degrees and it’s also dishwasher safe and an awesome purchase for any home cook.
- Comes with a lid that’s metal so it’s oven safe
- The sauté pan is recommended to be hand washed but it also dishwasher safe
- Comes with the largest surface area and containment of any sauté pan on the market
- The construction of the pan is only 2 ply iron-clad rather than 3 ply like most other sauté pans
- The pan may be hard and very heavy to maneuver at times
- The pan does not come with a warranty to protect the pan from defects and damages that occur while in use.
All-clad stainless steel sauté pans is one of the first-rated pans hence the price may be a bit high as compared to other sauté pans.
The sauté pan is made up of high-quality stainless steel which is said to be non-stick, but realistically it’s not non-stick. The inner layout of the sauté pan is blended with an iron-clad to generate an even temperature across the surface of the pan.
The pan will efficiently work in any induction cooktop burner. All-clad stainless steel saute pan comes fitted with a stainless steel lid.
With the whole pan and lid made of metal, it can be placed in a dishwasher and also on an oven safely. This broadens the number of methods and procedures that can be used while cooking with the sauté pan.
- The sauté pan is fitted with a metal lid so it can be placed in the oven safely
- The pan is recommended to be hand washed but it’s also dishwasher safe
- The pan is a strong, heavy, pan constructed of 18/10 stainless steel with an iron-clad inner core for even cooking temperatures on the base of the pan.
- The pan is a bit expensive
- The pan does not come with a warranty to protect it from defects and damages that may occur while using it.
This sauté pan is well constructed with stainless steel quality material. The tramontina sauté pan comes with a lifetime warranty to safeguard it from defects and damages that may occur while in use.
It’s 2 quarts bigger in size and you can undertake multiple cooking escapades without a single struggle. Even better, this saute pan comes with precision cast riveted handles and a uniquely polished stainless steel lid.
These features make the product highly ergonomic and you’ll enjoy every minute you spend in your kitchen. For your safety, the product is NSF-Certified and oven safe – you can use it in the oven heated up to 500°F!
- The pan is dishwasher safe but it’s recommended to be hand washed
- The sauté pan comes with a lifetime warranty to safeguard it from any damages or defects that may occur while using it.
- The pan may be very heavy to maneuver at times.
The Cuisinart 733-304 is pocket friendly and might just be the right fit for your kitchen. The Cuisinart is made from 2 plies cast stainless steel and is fitted with a steel lid. The sauté pan is quite larger than most pans coming in at 51/2 quarts size.
This sauté pan can safely be placed in the oven and is also recommended to be hand washed.
The fashionable and glossy sauté pan is one of the most pocket-friendly pans. It comes with a lifetime warranty to safeguard it from any defects that may occur while in use.
- The pan is large at 5 and a half quarts and is also fitted with a stainless steel lid to prevent splashes.
- The pan and lid are both ovens safe and dishwasher safe
- The Cuisinart pan is pocket friendly and also comes with a lifetime warranty to safeguard it from defects or damages which may occur while using it
- The sauté pan is made of 2 plies cast stainless steel instead of 3 plies which makes it lighter.
- The pan has less heat distribution and is less durable.
The Emeril Lagasse sauté pan is a unique pan from a well-known chef who constructs all his pans with a copper-coated base to help in even distribution of heat across the surface area.
The sauté pan is well constructed with 2 plies cast steel and is well coated to prevent your food from sticking in the pan during the cooking process.
The Emeril Lagasse pan comes fitted with a lid that’s oven safe and dishwasher safe. The pan also comes packaged with a limited warranty but only against any damages from shipping.
One special feature about this sauté pan is that it is pocket friendly so why don’t you try one today.
- The pan can be placed in the oven and is dishwasher safe
- The pan is cost-effective and it comes with a limited warranty to safeguard it from defects that may occur while shipping
- The sauté pan is large at 5 and a half quarts and is also equipped with a stainless steel lid to prevent splashes.
- The lid is not oven safe
- There’s no warranty to protect it from damages that may occur while in use
Anolon advanced sauté pan holds 5 quarts and is coated in a non-stick Teflon coating to prevent your food from sticking during the cooking process.
The sauté pan is supposed to be oven friendly but Teflon may scratch off and the synthetic rubber handles may not stand the high temperature.
The anolon advanced pan comes fitted with a tempered glass lid which is not oven friendly.
- The pan is coated with Teflon to prevent food from sticking during the cooking process
- The sauté pan is fitted with a glass lid to contain the food from splashing and has synthetic handles for comfort
- The pan is very large being able to hold up to 5 quarts
- The pan can’t be placed in the oven at high temperatures and is also not dishwasher safe
The calphalon sauté pan is one of the cheapest pans on sale. It’s a great deal on all stainless sauté pans.
The pan comes packaged with a 10-year warranty instead of a lifetime warranty like some sauté pans we mentioned earlier in the article
Also, the calphalon classic sauté pan comes fitted with a lid made of tempered glass instead of stainless steel, which means it can’t be placed in the oven at high temperatures but it’s dishwasher safe.
- The pan may be placed in the oven, and both are dishwasher safe.
- The pan is very large at 5 and a half quarts and is also fitted with a stainless steel lid to prevent splashes
- The sauté pan is cost-effective and comes with a 10-year warranty to protect it from any defects or damages that may occur while using it.
- The pan is constructed with 2 plies cast stainless steel instead of 3 plies which makes it lighter and also less durable and less even heat distribution
- The lid is not fit to be placed in the oven at high temperatures
The calphalon contemporary sauté pan is commonly used in making foods like fish or chicken with delicate flesh. This is because it has a non-stick surface which prevents the food from sticking in the pan.
The sauté pan has the largest capacity at 7 quarts. The calphalon contemporary sauté pan is dishwasher friendly and it’s easier to fit in a crowded stovetop.
It’s dark anodized aluminum body has a distinct look and is exceptional at conducting heat in a flash to attain a crisp sear.
One of the most unique features about the calphalon contemporary sautés pan is that it’s built with two side handles rather than one fixed to a single side.
- Multiple handles make it easier to lift, maneuver and pour
- The pan is dishwasher friendly
- It’s easier to fit the sauté pan in a crowded stovetop
- The sauté pan has a very large capacity of 7 quarts
- Non-stick coatings are not permanent, so eventually you have to replace the sauté pan
Best Sauté Pan – Buying Guide
If you want to buy the best sauté pan, you must be cautious to analyze all its facets. This will enable you to get that which will meet all your needs effortlessly.
In this section, we analyze all that you need to consider when shopping for the best sauté pan.
Best Sauté Pan- Factors to Consider When Buying a Sauté Pan
- Induction friendly– not all pans work efficiently on induction burners. If you’re planning to start using one or you already have, then you should consider an induction friendly pan.
- Lid– your best sauté pan may come with a lid or not. Always consider choosing a lidded pan, as it is more variable.
- Oven safe– Is you best sauté pans are appropriate for oven use? Oven-safe ovens are recommended when cooking food that starts on the stove and finishes in the oven.
- Warranty– a warranty will help to safeguard your best sauté pan fall to pieces. Most standards sauté pan makers offer a lifetime warranty with products because they’re assured it will last for a very long while.
Best Sauté Pan- Benefits of Sauté Pan
Many people lately have begun to be conscious about their health due to many lifestyle diseases that are being caused when one is overweight like diabetes.
This has therefore opened awareness to reduce body fat intake, and the culinary business recognizes this by marketing the benefits of using the best sauté pans.
- Less preparation time and easy cleaning up
The best sauté pans are non-stick and hence after cooking your food it only takes a bit of effort to clean the equipment. Both the non-stick exterior and exterior are fast and easy to clean and are dishwasher safe.
All you’re required to have when cleaning your pan is hot soapy and a gentle sponge to clean your pan thoroughly.
When purchasing your best sauté pan, you can always buy your pan at any price you can afford because most pans are offered at various price ranges . This makes it available for anyone who may require one.
However, you should never compromise on the quality! You’d rather save for long to buy your ideal pan that’ll serve you for long rather than buying a cheap and low-quality saute pan.
Nevertheless, you should note that not all cheap saute pans are of poor-quality and not all expensive pans are of excellent quality. As such, you should always concentrate on the features of individual pans as opposed to the price.
Sauté pans are available in an assortment of metals. Also, some of the pans have coatings, which can affect their performance and durability either positively or negatively.
As such, you should always ensure that your best saute pan is made from formidable materials such as stainless steel.
Best Sauté Pan – Bottom Line
Purchasing the best saute pan is an excellent idea to help you transform your cooking experience for the better. It ensures that you undertake all the cooking activities you need without a hassle.
Unlike skillets, the best saute pans are highly versatile. Their offer unmatched opportunity to cook plenty of meals without experiencing the pain of sticky pans! Whatever saute pan you choose, you should ensure that it is authentic.
There’s no need to purchase a product you don’t know how to use. When buying the best saute pan, you should consider compatibility with your burners.
Also, you should always ensure that the sauté pan you have purchased is constructed properly to ensure the strength and durability of the sauté pan. This way, you can be confident that your investment will not only improve the aesthetics of your kitchen, but serve you for a prolonged time.
Now with all that knowledge about sauté pans, make sure you go out and get yourself the best option of a sauté pan and get cooking. You’ll certainly change your cooking experience for the better and add a refreshing taste to all your dishes.
Chef Boniface is a graduate in Culinary Arts from the Institute of Culinary Education, New York. He has worked in several restaurants and is currently the Head Chef at Cavali Restaurant.
He has excelled in developing unique recipes and influencing the menu at the restaurant. He prides himself in sharing his knowledge at thekitchenpot.com where he writes about the best cookware for various recipes.