If you love cooking, you’ll agree that preparing brown rice for your family is one of the trickiest exercise, right? If you’re in such a situation, you should buy the best rice cooker for brown rice!
Why is it Tricky to Cook Brown Rice?
While brown rice has a nutritious germ and bran, it is sometimes hard to cook it compared to the regular white rice.
It requires you to achieve a tricky water to rice ratio and ensure that you maintain adequate heat! This exercise can be a nightmare especially if you do not have the best rice cooker for brown rice!
The equipment is specially designed to prepare your brown rice flawlessly within an incredibly short time!
Best Rice Cooker for Brown Rice – Comparison
|Cuisinart CRC-400P1 CRC-400 Rice Cooker, 4-Cup, Silver||-Cuisinart rice cooker steams rice, meats and vegetables
-Square modern shape finished in brushed stainless steel
-Includes: Stainless-steel steaming basket, -Non-stick, coated anodized aluminum cooking bowl, glass lid, paddle and measuring cup
-Automatically switches to warm when cooking is done
|Sanyo ECJ-D55S 5.5-Cup Micro-Computerized Rice Cooker/Steamer||-5-1/2-cup micro-computerized cooker with fuzzy-logic technology
-Titanium-coated, extra-thick, 2-1/2 mm non-stick inner pot for optimal cooking
-Multi-menu -selections; slow-cook, keep warm, and reheat function
-Easy-to-read measuring marks; LCD clock with 24-hour timer
|Zojirushi NS-YAC18 Umami Micom 10-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer||-Micro computerized -Fuzzy logic technology
Umami setting soaks and steams rice longer for enhanced flavor
-Slow cook function for soups and other menus
-Automatic keep warm feature
-Easy to read LCD control panel
|Oster 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker, Black/Stainless Steel||-Digital programmable controls with 5 versatile cooking functions: white rice, brown rice, steam, breakfast, and soup
-Locking lid forms an airtight seal and stays cool to the touch
-Nonstick inner pot is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
-Cord length: 28"
|Rival RC61 6-Cup Rice Cooker||-Electric rice cooker with nonstick inner pot makes up to 6 cups of cooked rice
-Steaming basket for shrimp or vegetables
-Domed glass lid keeps in moisture
Stay-cool side loop handles make serving easy
-Handwashable measuring cup and plastic rice paddle included
Why You Should Cook Brown Rice for Your Family
Undoubtedly, brown rice is more nutritious than the white rice. It gives your family stamina and boost their immunity!
Studies show that brown rice delivers nearly 88.0% of manganese content required for proper body functioning.
So, ensure that you partake brown rice daily if you want to live healthily.
That sounds great! Right?
However, people make a mistake of using the equipment for white race to prepare their brown rice delicacies. As a result, they get mushy brown rice that’ll their family off.
Here is an all-inclusive guide on the best rice cooker for brown rice. Read on and understand:
Top 5 Rice Cookers for Brown Rice
Many rice cookers look boring as most of them are made of inferior quality materials and will not work according to your expectations.
This is true when your kitchen has a specific theme on the counters and the wall.
The unique color of this rice cooker for brown rice boosts your kitchen’s outlook.
But we understand that you are most likely only interested in what it can do. Right? Here are it’s unique features:
Features of Cuisinart CRC-400P1 CRC-400 Rice Cooker
- Unique Steam Vent. This helps to reduce splattering during the cooking process
- Chrome-Plated Handles. This feature guarantees safety when cooking. You’ll never burn your fingers when using the Cuisinart CRC-400P1 CRC-400 Rice Cooker.
- Highly Versatile. This is a cooker that you can use for multiple purposes. You can steam vegetables and other thin cuts of meat, resulting in a fat-free diet with little effort
- Highly flexible. Apart from cooking brown rice, white rice, and yellow rice, this cooker cooks polenta, couscous, shrimp, oatmeal, shrimp, and many more. Also, it comes with two different and separate colored LED lights vital, especially if you have a low visible kitchen.
- Automated Cooking. This rice cooker for brown rice has LED light which signals the start of the cooking process and another one that signals the completion of cooking. After cooking, the cooker switches off immediately thus guaranteeing safety
- Comes with a Unique Plastic Paddle. This is essential for stirring the rice as it cooks and during the serving.
- Cuisinart Comes With a Measuring Cup. This guides you on the quantity of rice to cook. Also included is a booklet that provides a gourmet recipe for delicious meals such as Teriyaki steamed chicken, wild cranberry rice, and creamy Parmesan Risotto.
So, having this cooker in your home will impress your family members and your guests! It’s certainly a great additive to your kitchen.
- Has a unique square modern shape that’s brushed with stainless steel for durability
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Has two LED lights for proper control
- Comes with a gourmet recipe
- Can be challenging to use without appropriate instructions
Enjoy a massive and sweet home cooking with this product from Sanyo cooker. It plays a significant role in cooking a wide range of foods such as soup, brown rice, and vegetables.
This stylish cooker is made of stainless steel wrap complemented with black accents that present a fashionable outlook to any kitchen.
The micro-computerized cooking device can make 20 cups of brown rice that’s best for your family and friends.
Features of Sanyo ECJ-D55S Rice Cooker
- Accurate Humidity Regulation Feature. Although it may take time to cook rice with this model, it delivers a proper humidity regulation to ensure that you have an excellent meal regardless of the quantity of water
- An Easy to Use Digital Keypad. The user interface comes complete with a multi-menu selection that’s ideal for brown rice, white rice, soup, sushi rice, and even cake baking
- Easily Portable. You don’t have to worry about the size. It is a portable cooker that weighs only 8.95 pounds. You can simply carry it wherever you want
- Ideal Measurements. This rice cooker for brown rice measures 11 by 11 by 10.5 inches, and it will enough rice for more than 10 people for several days. The instructions and recipes are easy to understand, and you’ll know the level of water needed to prepare rice
- Has a Steam Collector. Due to this feature, this amazing brown rice cooker doesn’t make any drippings on your kitchen counter. Also, it comes with a soup button for a delicious soup
- Highly Versatile. Beside the rice and the soup, this cooker can make other delicacies. For example, you don’t necessarily need an oven to bake a cake when you own this machine. It’s a useful cake cooking kitchen appliance
- It is dependable and a sturdy cooker
- Extremely easy to clean
- It keeps rice warm for a long time.
- Comes with a soup button for delicious soup production
- A warranty claim can be an issue
- No proper countdown on the exact time that the cycle will be finished
It’s not easy to find a rice cooker for brown rice with a large capacity such as 10 cups and other unique settings such as Zojirushi.
Features of Zojirushi NS-YAC18
- Top-Notch Technological Applied. This equipment is highly digitized. It is designed with a microcomputer technology unit that does nearly all the thinking for you
- Easy to Use. The rice cooker for brown rice has easily adjustable settings to match the type of food you’re cooking. Also, Zojirushi has GABA settings that function appropriately when cooking brown rice resulting in a delicious and soft diet
- High Capacity. With a 10 cup capacity, never be worried about the size of your family when planning to prepare rice meals.
- Unique Settings. This equipment has diverse settings that include Umami, porridge, sweet brown, slow cook, rinse-free, and GABA brown. Therefore, it’s easy to use the cooker for different meals. The Umami settings help in the maximization of flavors, and the porridge cycle helps in the preparation of delicate rice puddings.
Many brown rice lovers claim that using this cooker creates a pleasant feeling within the kitchen and that it produces high-quality rice. It has a timer function that helps to start and fill the machine in the morning.
The easy to read and use control panel and keep warm feature are essential features of this eye-catching cooker. It weighs only 9.15 pounds with dimensions that measure 10.6 inches by 11 inches by 16 inches.
- Comes with a computerized fuzzy logic technology
- Its umami settings help in soaking and steaming rice for extended and enhanced flavor
- It has a slow cook function for soup, rice, and other menus
- It has an automated keep warm feature
- Comes with an easy to read LCD panel
- A warranty claim can cause issues
- Takes long to cook rice
- Not easy to handle without prior reading the manual
This great product from Oster is meant for all interested in preparing not only brown rice but also yellow and white rice for every kind of dish.
Unique Features of Oster 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker
- Easy Controls/ Convenient. The rice cooker for brown rice is highly convenient! Switch it on and forget about it!
- It has brushed stainless steel casing, and a cool touch dark locking lid with a 20-cup finished rice content. That’s equivalent to ten cups of uncooked rice. Also, it has a white plastic material steam tray.
- Has a Smart Digital Panel. This feature is essential in adjusting the cooking accordingly to promote perfect rice cooking throughout.
- A Digital Housing Unit. This comes with five easy to use and programmable cooking features that includes steam, soup, white rice, brown rice, and breakfast. The inner pot is made of aluminum material for quick heat distribution all-round the pot and has a nonstick coating
- Fast Cooker. In case you always experience abrupt visitors, then probably this may be your best pick. It takes 45-60 minutes to cook rice. It produces less steam from the vent and doesn’t get hot as compared to different rice cookers for brown rice
- Energy Efficient. This unit cooks at a lower wattage, and so, you will not spend too much on electricity bills.
- Made of sturdy materials to enhance longevity
- Has a digital unit with programmable cooking features
- Cooks food within a short time
- Operates with low wattage to save on your power
- The power cord is too short
- The user manual is a bit skimpy
Rival is a useful brown rice cooker that can be used over a wide range of cooking like pasta, soup, stew, quinoa, and seamed veggies. It cooks your food without sticking or burning to the cooker’s surface.
It comes in a range of features that guarantee a complete, fat-free, and a healthy meal throughout.
Unique Features of Rival RC61 6-Cup Rice Cooker
- It’s easy to operate as it has two settings and one switch to cook and keep your food warm
- While cooking, the cooker illuminates a red light, and immediately the cooking is over, the switch reverts automatically, and the yellow light comes on
- It’s fast! Yes, and it will cook two cups of rice within 20 minutes and two brown rice cups in half an hour.
- It resembles the Chinese steamer: all steam coming from the sizzling rice comes up while hot and can cook your shrimp or veggies and any other food you want to cook on top of the basket
- It is easy to clean the cooker, and that makes its maintenance quite easy. Simply stick the lid and the bowl inside a dishwasher, and everything will get done.
- It’s a lightweight cooker that weighs only 4.8 pounds and measures 11.4 inches by 15.8 inches by 10.5 inches.
- It has a nonstick and a removable pot that produces 6 cups of rice
- The steaming basket is fundamental and can hold veggies and shrimp
- It automatically keeps your food warm
- It comes with a stream tray
- Can be risky when plugged in
- The warm and cook lights are hard to see in a bright kitchen
Buyers Guide: Best Rice Cooker for Brown Rice
The best rice cooker for brown rice is a typical on/off kitchen equipment. Some cookers come with features that you can only dream of 5 years ago. However, with a slew of several rice cookers in the market today, how can you figure out the best model for your family?
Crucial Tips for Buying the Best Rice Cooker for Brown Rice
When buying your cooker, you should consider the following factors to ensure that you only get the best:
When making plans on buying a rice cooker for brown rice, consider the quantity of rice you will be preparing. If you stay alone, purchasing a large-quantity rice cooker for brown rice can lead to poor results.
A rice cooker for brown rice performs best when used for their planned serving sizes. So ensure you consider how much rice the cooker will cook on average.
Do you want to cook other different foods apart from rice?
If yes, then buy a big size cooker that comes with a steaming tray.
b. Ease of Use
Most people prefer buying a rice cooker for brown rice as it makes their typical day-to-day cooking task easier. If that’s your target, then ensure you find a cooker that’s simple and easy to use.
Usually, the simpler the outlook, the less you will have to figure out.
On the other hand, if a cooker looks smart and complicated, it can be challenging to figure out. Consider buying an easy to clean cooker that comes with the nonstick pot.
Some people may be happy going for the cheapest models in the market, thinking that they will repair their cookers or that they will be replaced immediately they get damaged.
What if the cooker comes with a low term warranty? What will you do? You will simply use more money for repair.
What’s the solution?
Take your time and research on the best brands that have a positive customer reputation.
Other customers prefer options that they can count on as an investment in the long run. You know, expensive brands (that comes with fuzzy options) comes with a positive reputation can last and save you from future repair costs.
Ensure you buy a cooker built with stainless steel materials.
Be sure to consider the rice cooker for brown rice that can cook both white and yellow rice. If you love cooking different types of rice during the cooking process, then buying two different cookers can be quite troublesome.
For that reason, consider buying a a rice cooker for brown rice (being your primary target) that can also make yellow and white rice, especially if you want to use the three different rice in your recipe.
With the growth in technology, kitchen appliances are currently designed with quality and superb features that will make your work easy in the kitchen.
Any time you think of buying a rice cooker for brown rice, ensure that it has all features that will result in proper heat distribution. Make sure that the unit has an induction heating system with fuzzy technology.
But wait a minute!
Before you take out your cash in that dealer’s shop, confirm that the rice cooker for brown rice uses micro computerized technology.
Check if it has an LCD panel that will help you maneuver easily through the menu and make your work easier.
Our Pick: The Best Rice Cooker for Brown Rice
Zojirushi NS-YAC18! Yes, this rice cooker is extraordinary;
It has menu settings that include Umami, sushi, and porridge – slow and quick cook.
This model delivers delicious and soft rice for your visitors. Buy it and live a more comfortable and happier life that will make you continuously smile in your kitchen.
Best Rice Cooker for Brown Rice: The Final Verdict
A rice cooker for brown rice is a must have for any family! Making use of this kitchen equipment to prepare meals for your friends is as easy as adding an appropriate quantity of water to rice, then pressing the button on your cooker.
Whether you’re preparing Basmati rice, white rice, healthy brown rice, or Jasmine rice, this cooker will serve you right!
Immediately you are through with cooking rice in a cooker, you’ll not want to get back to the traditional cooking methods.
A rice cooker for brown rice delivers exactly what you’ve been longing for; well-done brown rice for your family.
If you’re not ready to serve the meal (probably you are waiting for visitors to arrive), the cooker will hold the food properly at the right temperature.
No more long waits for the rice to cook and to check the non-stick pan every minute to ensure the water doesn’t boil over.
No more running around the kitchen to time your cooking food that it doesn’t get burnt. Everything has been made simple!