I’m not sure about your preferences when it comes to barbecue, but I sure enjoy mine grilled to sublimity. To achieve the special taste, the best infrared grills for the money come in handy.
If you’re searching for a better way to grill your favorite barbecue, then, look no further as the best infrared grills for the money are way to go!
And if you’ve never been lucky enough to own one, you may be wondering how exactly it works, right?
Well, we got your back. This article will explain exactly what it entails and how it works. It will also cover the essential features of some of the best infrared grills for the money available in the market today.
Additionally, it will also outline the pros and cons to make it tremendously easy for you to select the best infrared grills for the money without having to dig deeper into the pockets. So read on!
What are Infrared Grills?
An infrared grill can either be an electric or gas grill that uses the infrared technology as the source of heat.
When using an infrared grill, you don’t have to worry about your food burning due to direct heat. No! When using an infrared grill, the flame does not heat your meat directly, but the flame heats the infrared source, it then heats the food.
Infrared grills help you to attain a better sear, this is due to the high temperatures achieved on the cooking grate.
Are Infrared Grills Worth the Money?
Why would I spend my money on a simple infrared grill you may ask?
Well, owning an infrared grill will help you to cook faster than you can imagine, you’ll also be able to cook food that tastes better, and even achieve steakhouse quality searing.
And that’s not all, with an infrared grill, you can preheat at high temperatures for as little as 3-5 minutes, allowing you to start grilling in no time. An infrared grill is also energy efficient.
Best Infrared Grills for the Money – Comparison
|Char-Broil 463370719 Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill||-Exclusive stainless steel finish for increased style and durability
-TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks juicier food
-Reliable push-to-start electronic ignition
-450-square-inches of primary cooking space is great for most cookouts
|Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill||-Cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches and temp gauge
-High-impact frame with legs and carry handles
-No flare-up TRU-Infrared cooking system
-200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
|Magma Products Newport 2 Infrared Gourmet Series Gas Grill||-Constructed of 100% 18-9 marine grade mirror polished stainless steel Full double lined lower shell Hermetically sealed thermometer
-Uses standard 1 lb. disposable propane canisters or adapts to on-board LPG or CNG systems
-New electronic ignition Infrared radiant screens
|Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Grill||-TRU-Infrared technology cooks food evenly and juicy with no flare-ups
-Evenly cook turkey, ribs, roast, or other cuts of meat in the roasting basket
-Holds up to 25 lbs for roasting and has 180 square inches of cooking area for grilling
-Use the smoker box for added flavor; temperature control from 9,000 to 18,000 BTU's
|Solaire Sol-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Grill||-140 square inches of grilling area that fits six 4-inch burgers on special v-grate
-Real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with electronic push-button ignition
7 Best Infrared Grills for the Money
Looking for a top-performing, stylish infrared grill for the money? Well, with the char broil 463370719 performance TRU-Infrared grill you’re good to go.
The Char-Broil Performance infrared grill for the money is a well-built appliance with an exclusive stainless steel finish. This helps to increase the durability, and enhance the style of the device.
Achieving even heat distribution, over the cooking surface in open flame grilling can be quite exhausting, just to say the least. But with the char-broil infrared grill, you don’t have to worry about this.
The char broil infrared grill for the money delivers even heat distribution and also prevents flare-ups.
The char broil 463370719 infrared grill measures 450-square-inches. This comes as an added advantage as the device offers more cooking space for most cookouts.
Also, the appliance comes with porcelain-coated grates that are long-wearing, easy-to-clean, and also rust-resistant.
And to top it all up, the device also features a swing-a-way warming rack and a dependable push-to-start electronic ignition for increased adaptability.
- The unit features porcelain-coated grates that are durable, rust-resistant, and are easy to clean
- The appliance comes with an electronic ignition system which syncs all the burners to ensure they all light up at once
- The char broil infrared grill for the money also features infrared technology with plenty of cooking space at an affordable price point
- The appliance also provides even heat distribution and prevents flare-ups
- There are small holes in the infrared plates which can get bits of food stuck in them, so it can be difficult to clean the infrared grates
- The appliance is flimsier than other higher price grill
Are you an adventurous person? Do you enjoy outdoor camping or a boat trip? Well, the Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 infrared grill is the best suit for you.
Although the appliance may appear small, it’s portable, and also well-built to last on the road and all the bumps and scores that go along with it.
The firebox of the appliance is well constructed with cast aluminum and can be latched shut for travel. The 200 square inches of grilling area offers enough space to cook for two minimally.
Additionally, the device features a high-impact frame with legs, and carry handles. The cooking grate is well designed. This prevents flare-ups from overcooking your grilled steak.
- The cast aluminum firebox and the lid is well built with stainless latches. This means the infrared grill is perfect for travel, and camping seasons.
- The appliance also heats up fast and can sear like a full-size grill
- The device offers an exceptional portable option which is an ideal size for those who want to take their grill on the road
- The cooking plates requires regular cleaning, and seasoning as they can develop surface rust quickly if food residue is left on them
- The device can run hot and so it has to be regulated from time to time
Are you looking for all-rounded and aesthetically beautiful infrared grills for the money? Well, the Northfire Propane Infrared Grill-Single, InfernoGo, Silver is your ideal appliance. It can achieve up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit and cook steak in just a few minutes!
The Northfire Propane Infrared Grill-Single infrared grill is well built, with 100% 18-9 marine grade mirror polished stainless steel. The device also comes fitted with a built-in thermometer gauge.
And that’s not all. The grill can easily be mounted on a boat with a separate mounting kit, this is a perfect choice when you’re searching for a boat grill.
The appliance is also easy to clean. And how is this you may be wondering? Well, the Newport features a removable, front access grease tray that collects excess food residue thus, easing your cleanup.
Additionally, the grill features foldable legs. It also uses a standard 1 pound propane tank, which makes it easily portable.
And last but not least, you can double up your workspace effectively by simply buying a shelf that’s sold separately. This comes as an added advantage.
- The appliance is portable and extremely lightweight
- The device features a grease management tray accessed from the front of the unit
- The infrared grill for the money is also well finished with aesthetically, beautiful polished, stainless steel
- Foldable legs and 1 pound propane tank input is an added advantage
- The serving shelf is sold separately
Are you searching for the finest infrared grill that lets you grill a variety of dishes? Well, look no further, the char-broil infrared grill allows you to grill, smoke, or even roast your food.
The char-broil easy TRU-infrared grill can hold up to 25 pounds of meat. This makes it an easy choice for cooking chicken, turkey, and other types of meat.
The appliance can also cook or grill your food in a fast time and consume little fuel.
Additionally, any food cooked in the char-broil TRU-infrared grill always comes out evenly cooked. This is all thanks to its even heat distribution.
You can also adjust the temperature of the device according to your liking within the range of 9000 BTUs to 18000 BTUs. This is an awesome number for a grill with a small cooking surface of only 180 square inches.
And as compared to its most counterparts, the char-broil features a distinctive smoker box. The smoker box gives your food a smoky flavor without applying pellets, or wood chips.
The device measures 23.1 x 23.4 x 36.2 inches, and 22.7 pounds.
- The device provides evenly cooked, and juicy food with no flare-ups
- The device provides reliable temperature control
- The char-broil TRU-infrared grill for the money comes with the double-stack capability
- The appliance provides multiple uses packed in one product
- The grill’s top and basket can be quite difficult to clean
Headed to the park, go camping, or just want to grill in the comfort of your home? The Solaire infrared grill is the ideal choice for you.
The Solaire sol-EV17A is easy to assemble with 6-bolt angles and four adjustable feet. This makes it the perfect choice to carry around anywhere you go.
The appliance is well built inside the grill. Instead of the typical grates that come with other devices, the appliance comes fitted with distinctive and innovative ‘V-Shaped grids’
The V-Shaped grids help in the collection of juices dripping from your food. The juices then vaporize instantly creating smoke which enhances the flavor in your food.
Although the device is small with dimensions of only 13.5 x 21 x 8.2 inches, and only 15 pounds. It comes with a fairly generous 140 square inches of cooking space. It’s powered by a single main burner that outputs 14,000 BTU.
The device comes with two side handles for easy transportation. The infrared grill for the money is also well-built from 304 stainless steel.
On the outer part of the grill, are 2 sturdy latches which help to seal the lid, and keep everything intact on the inside during travel.
Though the device has so many good features, it lacks a secondary burner or a warming rack.
- The V-Shaped grid captures drippings and evaporates them back into the food, this enhances the flavor of your cooked food
- The device functions well just as well as the full-sized grill, despite its small size
- The appliance distributes heat evenly to deliver natural tasting food
- The Solaire Sol-EV17A infrared grill is energy efficient, this means you can cook a large meal with just one pound of propane
- Relatively narrow temperature range, mostly on the hot end of the scale
- Warranty duration is shorter than most of its counterparts
Looking for an ideal choice of an infrared grill for the money? Well, we got your back, the magma product Catalina 2 infrared is the best fit if you want to cook for a larger crowd.
The magma products Catalina infrared grill features a round edge that enhances the look of the device, it also comes with a tempered glass viewing window and an electronic system.
The device is all-rounded and can serve different purposes. The appliance is easily portable, and well-built which makes it ever ready to take on grilling chores.
The appliance features an “Anti-flare” infrared technology. This helps the infrared grill to produce even and intense heat distribution.
And that’s not all, the appliance is equipped with integrated fold-away legs locking front access grease tray 12” x 18”, main grilling area 5-1/2”x 18”, and secondary grilling area. This offers you a choice of either searing, slow cooking, or warming.
- The appliance is strong and cooks well
- The device is long-lasting
- It’s easy to move about
- The device is all-rounded and can serve different purposes
- The appliance has a lot of flare-ups
- The device has an inaccurate regulator
- The appliance cannot be used in direct wind
If you’re looking for an infrared grill with advanced infrared heating technology, then the Philips smoke-less indoor BBQ grill is the ideal choice for you.
The appliance also features a special reflector guide. The guide helps to evenly grill your food.
Amazingly, the grate of this device is made of die-cast aluminum with a non-stick coating. The non-stick coating is PTFE and PFOA free.
The grilling area of the Philips smokeless indoor barbeque measures 12 x 7 inches. This adds up to 84 square inches which is a little larger than most infrared grills.
The smokeless indoor grill can be cleaned easily. Cleaning of this device can either be done through wiping or placing it on a dishwasher as its dishwasher safe.
And that’s not all, the heat of the appliance doesn’t have to be adjusted as it can heat up to around 446 degrees Fahrenheit consistently.
- The appliance has infrared technology that provides even distribution of heat
- The infrared grill is easy to set, and it’s also easy to clean since some parts are removable.
- With this device, you don’t have to worry about sticking issues as it has an aluminum non-stick surface
- There is no need to adjust the temperatures
- Its grilling space is not spacious
- The infrared light is too bright for the eyes
If you’d want the best gas and charcoal grill combo, then here’s a comprehensive guide.
Best Infrared Grills for the Money- Buying Guide
If you’re looking for the best infrared grills for the money, you should ensure that you only buy that which fulfills all your needs. To achieve this, you should consider factors such as ease of maintenance, portability, size, and efficacy among others.
This section guides you through all the details that you need to know when buying the best infrared grills for the money. Is it a worthy investment for your kitchen? Find out here.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Infrared Grills for the Money
- Ignition System
Before buying an infrared grill for the money, always ensure that the grill has a quick-to-light ignition system. Most high-quality infrared grills come with this unique feature.
The feature helps you to eliminate any need for matches or manual lighting when you’re using it as it allows electronic ignition.
- Fuel Source: Propane or Natural Gas?
You can either use natural gas or propane as most of the infrared grills are compatible with both. Propane gas normally works best with more compact models.
However, the ability to switch between the two normally involves separately sold accessories which can be quite pricey.
Infrared grills come in different sizes, so before buying one, you should always consider how many people you’re cooking for.
If you’ll be cooking for a large group of people, then you should consider one with a large cooking surface area. So, always consider an infrared grill that will cater to your needs.
How to Clean an Infrared Grill?
- Ensure you wipe the grate before use
- Always make sure the grill has cooled off but is still warm to touch
- Always ensure you clean the device as soon as possible to prevent hardening of the sludge
- Turn the infrared grill up to high temperatures and close the lid to burn off some of the food particles that may have been stuck in
- Remove the grill plates and scrub with a stainless steel brush
- After cleaning the device, ensure you grease the infrared plates with high-heat cooking oil
- Let the grill plate dry well before attaching it back
- Ensure you keep the body of the infrared grill clean by wiping down with a mild detergent or a non-abrasive cleaner
Best Infrared Gas Grills for the Money – The Bottom Line
We all enjoy moist, tender-cooked BBQ meats, and delicious burgers. And we hope that this article will guide you on the best infrared grills for the money that will help you to attain this.
With your infrared grill, you’ll be able to easily produce a juicy, mouthwatering flavor when you grill, even if you’re not very skillful in cooking.
And aside from saving you time, infrared grills use up less energy and gas. This will allow you to save up a few coins in your pockets.
And unlike the conventional gas grills, the best infrared grills for the money heat up fast in around 3-5 minutes, and also produce a higher cooking temperature. This means you don’t have to stay long in front of the grill to get a deliciously cooked meal.
So with all these amazing benefits of the best infrared grills for the money, every day can be a barbeque day, not just on weekdays. So hurry and get yours today for everyday fun moments!