If you ask any top-notch chef, they’ll tell you that the most crucial part of feeding your guests is not cooking delicious meals. Yes, you read that right!
While cooking scrumptious meals is part of the package, how you present it contributes to your family’s happiness significantly. One of the best ways to enhance your presentation skills is by purchasing the best dinnerware sets.
The set has several items that will ensure that you have enough space to arrange different types of meals without mixing them unnecessarily.
If you eat out regularly, you’re likely to have encountered poorly served meals. What was your reaction? In most cases, one will develop a negative attitude towards such dishes, which reduces your cooking rating.
If you do not want to find yourself in such a situation, then this guide is for you!
It offers simple-to-follow buying tips that you can implement if you want the best dinnerware sets in your kitchen fast. Also, it has a well-researched list of the best dinnerware sets to consider.
The Best Dinnerware Sets- Comparison
|Paula Deen Dinnerware Indigo Blossom 16-Piece Stoneware Dinnerware Set, Print||-Each plate, bowl and beverage mug in the set is conveniently microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe
-Quality Assurance Guaranteed
|Gibson Home Rockaway Round Stoneware Dinnerware Sets, Service for 4 (12pcs), Black||-Soft matte glaze stoneware
-Coupe-shaped edges allow for a stackable and space saving benefit
-Smooth, flat finish dipped in beautiful solid color creates a sleek and artistic addition to the table
|Gibson Soho Lounge 16-Piece Square Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set, Red||- Artisanal stoneware featuring two-tone red interior and black exterior double reactive glaze
-Dishwasher and microwave safe
|Euro Ceramica White Essential Chip Resistant Collection Dinnerware and Serveware, 16 Piece Set, Service for 4, Classic||-Distinct coupe and friendly double bowl configuration; no mugs
-Sleek Finish: Glossy true-white; scratch/fade resistant
-Oven-to-Table: Microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe
-Durable: Professional Grade Porcelain: Chip Resistant
|Gibson Zen Buffet Coupe Dinnerware Set, Service for 4 (16pcs), White||-Classic white coupe shape dinnerware set with everyday elegance.
-Durable, lightweight, BPA-free, and heat-resistant material made from 100% natural minerals
Best Dinnerware Sets – The Best Construction Material
Different materials are commonly used in the construction of your best dinnerware set. This consideration is crucial since it determines the price, weight, longevity, functionality, and the overall aesthetics of your dinnerware set.
Here are some of the materials used:
- Bone China
This is one of the most durable materials used in the construction of dinnerware sets. It is prepared by adding bone ass to porcelain bone ash to ordinary porcelain.
The resulting material is lightweight, milky white, and slightly translucent glamor. It offers a luminous glaze that is superbly aesthetic!
However, elegance comes at a cost! Dinnerware sets made from this material are expensive. Also, not all of the bone china cookware is microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe.
As such, you should always read the instructions exhaustively before you settle for your best bone china dinnerware set.
This is a common material used in the construction of various cookware equipment. It is relatively affordable than bone china.
It features a non-porous surface that offers significant durability and ease of cleaning (most of these dishes are dishwasher safe). You can also use porcelain dinnerware sets in a microwave with no worry.
This is a plastic material that’s hardened to prevent breaking easily. It is dishwasher safe and highly affordable.
Even more crucial, the material is BPA-free and meets all FDA recommendations for use in a microwave and with hot meals.
- Stoneware Material
This material mimics earthenware: it is heavy and thicker than both bone china and porcelain. It is relatively less durable and can easily break when mishandled.
If you’re looking for aesthetics and sophistication, then you can consider purchasing the stoneware cookware. They offer a rustic feel with a white appearance coupled with a textured feel.
Due to their delicate nature, you should only buy a stoneware dinnerware set if you’re capable of taking great care of them.
- Vitrified Glass
This is a glass that has been heated using ultra-high temperature to achieve an opaque appearance. The material is super durable and difficult to break!
However, you should ensure that it does not fall on a hard surface. In such a case, it’ll likely break.
Best Dinnerware Sets – A Well-Researched List
If you’re looking for durability, then you can be sure that a stoneware dinnerware set will serve you right. The Paula Deen 16-piece set has dinner plates, cereal plates, salad plates, and mugs enough to serve four people.
Even better, the set does not fall short of decor and aesthetics! It has an indigo Blossom captured in the background of a bluebird and a butterfly perching on its branches.
Additionally, the set is microwave safe and you can use them in your freezer. As such, you can be confident that you’ll be safe and your work will be eased, when it comes to warming and storing food.
The set is crafted with unmatched elegance making it ideal for use when you have parties in your home. To complement this is its dishwasher-safe feature. This ensures that you’ll have an easy time cleaning the dinnerware set after use.
- Guaranteed quality
- Highly durable set
- Easy to Clean
- It may not be ideal for you if you love plainly-colored sets
Gibson Home is known for its formidable cookware: and they did not disappoint in this Rockaway Round Stoneware Dinnerware Set. It is made out of soft matte glaze stoneware with uniquely integrated off-white edges.
The set includes enough plates to serve four. It has 10.5 inches of dinner plates, 8 inches dessert plates, and 6 inches bowls. All of these are expertly finished using a smooth matte glaze and incredible artistic impression.
Even more impressive is the elegant design of this dinnerware set. It has a Rockaway design with coupe-shaped edges that are stackable, thus saving space.
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use in a microwave
- Elegant design
- Does not include cups and mugs
There is a superb reason why this Gibson product is among the best-sellers globally. Its elegance and sophistication are to die for! The dinnerware set is made out of stoneware that features a two-tone red interior and magnificent black exterior with a double reactive glaze.
Each set is designed to serve 4 people at one go. It includes 12.75- inches dinner plates, 9 inches dessert plates, 12-ounce mugs, and 6.25 inches cereal bowls. This offers a complete package for your family and guests to eat and drink.
Its double reactive glaze ensures that you get the best mix of colors for unmatched aesthetics. Also, the dinnerware set is dishwasher safe and you can use it in your microwave without a hassle.
- Epitome of sophistication
- Easy to clean
- Highly durable
- Elegant and easy to use
- They are relatively heavy
4. Euro Ceramica White Essential Chip Resistant Collection Dinnerware and Serveware, 16 Piece Set, Service for 4, Classic
This dinnerware set is ideal for 4 people. It contains a dinner plate, salad plate, cereal bowl, and soup bowl.
All the items are made out of high-grade professional porcelain that is chip-resistant.
As such, you can be sure that your dinnerware set will be free from scratches.
Even better, this set has a sleek glossy white finish complete with scratch and fade-resistant coating.
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use (plates are sufficiently deep)
- Has no mugs
This dishware set has a classic white coupe shape for guaranteed elegance and superb sophistication. The set contains enough items to serve 4 people. It comes with 10.25 inches dinner plates, 7.25 inches dessert plates, 6 inches bowls, and 12.6-ounce mugs.
Each of these items is made out of durable AB-grade porcelain. This material guarantees a lightweight, heat-resistant, and durable dinnerware set.
Even more crucial, this dinnerware set is BPA-free, thus safe for your use. Its versatility is exceptional and you can use it with both hot and cold food items, without compromising their integrity.
The dinnerware set is dishwasher safe and you can use it in your microwave. As such, you’ll never worry about transferring your meals to microwave-safe containers, which would otherwise be hectic.
- Easy to clean using a dishwasher
- Highly durable set
- Contains a complete set of plates and mugs
- If you fail to wash them well, they may develop stubborn stains
If you are looking for strong glass plates, then you should settle for a Corelle dinnerware set. It has triple layer sturdy glass plates and bowls that are hardened enough to provide chips and cracks free service for long.
Even more importantly, the set is non-porous and highly hygienic with unmatched ease of cleaning. The plates are lightweight, making them relatively easy to handle and stack, thus saving space.
This set comes with a 3-year warranty on all plates and bowls that shields you from all the damages occasioned by the manufacturer’s defects.
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave safe
- Highly stylish set
- Does not include mugs
6. AmazonBasics 18-Piece Kitchen Dinnerware Set, Plates, Dishes, Bowls, Service for 6, Bright Pyramid
This is an 18-piece dinnerware set that comes with enough items to serve 6 people. It has 10.5 inches dinner plate, 7.5 inches salad plate, and 5.5 inches bowl.
Each of these items is made of high quality and durable AB-grade porcelain. This material is lightweight, which makes it easy to handle and store. Despite its lightweight nature, the dinnerware set is highly durable.
Additionally, the set is made for a large gathering. It will be ideal for house parties. It has an elegant design that allows stacking thus saving on space. Even more crucial, the set is dishwasher-safe, freezer-safe, and microwave-safe. Interestingly, it can withstand high temperatures of up to 572 degrees F.
- It has a 1-year limited warranty
- Easy to clean
- Easily stackable for ease of storage
- No mugs and cups
This is a unique dinnerware set made in USA. It is made of highly durable vitrified ceramic body that has been hardened enough to resist scratches. Additionally, the dinnerware set has a lead-free glaze which guarantees safety when using it.
Even better, this set is dishwasher safe, which simplifies its cleaning process significantly. You can use it with your microwave as well as the oven without any hazards.
The dinnerware set has different colors, which enables you to select your ideal color. However, a single set only has one color (you won’t find a Fiesta dinnerware set with differently-colored items).
As a proof of quality, the Fiesta Dinnerware Set comes with a 5-year chip resistance warranty. This ensures that you get value for your money for prolonged time. It is one dinnerware set that you can be confident of passing from generation to another!
- You can use your dishwasher to clean it
- Easy to use with oven and microwave
- Exceptionally aesthetic
- The cup is relatively small
Best Dinnerware Sets – Buying Guide
When buying your best dinner set, you should first evaluate your needs. Different sets come with different dishes (with varying size, shape, color, and capacity).
As such, the dinnerware set you choose depends entirely on your needs. Here are some of the dishes that may come in the dinnerware package:
- Dinner Plate. This will always be the biggest plate in your best dinnerware set. Almost all sets will include this plate.
- Salad Plates. These plates are smaller than the dinner plate. Some dinnerware sets will include them to help you serve salads and other side dishes to your family without a hassle.
- Bread and Butter Plates. This is the third smallest plate in your dinnerware set, after the salad plate. They are specially designed to hold a piece of bread and a pat of butter. This plate is absent in many dinnerware sets. If you need it, you must be keen to evaluate its availability in your best dinnerware set of interests.
- Saucer. This is usually the smallest plate in your dinnerware set. It is essentially designed to hold your cup or serve chocolates/cookies.
- Glasses and Cups. Some of the best dinnerware sets in the market will include several glasses of different types. They may include wine glasses, standard water glasses, small juice glasses, mugs, and teacups.
- Soup Bowl. This is usually the deepest bowl in your best dinnerware set. They are designed to hold soups and prepare cereals for breakfast.
- Salad Bowl. This is a small bowl (smaller than soup bowl) that you can use to serve all types of salads.
- Shallow Bowl. Just like the name suggests, this bowl is relatively shallow with flat edges. It is ideal for serving curry.
Other Factors to Consider When Buying Your Best Dinnerware Sets
Besides the use, there are other factors that you should consider before you settle for your best dinnerware set. They include:
- The material of Construction. How would you prefer your best dinnerware set to be like? Do you want it opaque, transparent, or translucent? All these parameters will be determined by the material used during construction. For example, porcelain is usually translucent while most glasses are transparent.
- Durability. If you’re looking for durability, you may want to consider bone china cookware. Also, vitrified glass offers a significant longevity guarantee.
- Your Needs. Like earlier indicated, your best dinnerware set must help you in fulfilling your needs and making your family happy. Ensure that your dinnerware of choice has all the components that you’d require for a satisfying experience. Some of the key components that must be there include a dinner plate, salad plate, saucer, among others.
- Ease of Cleaning. Different materials have different cleaning protocols. For example, most of the bone china cookware is not dishwasher safe! As such, you should evaluate the ease of cleaning before you settle for your best dinnerware set.
- Safety. When buying your best dinnerware set, you must always check its FDA approval. If interested in plastic dishes, then you should ensure that it is BPA-free. In most cases, the manufacturer will indicate clearly whether the product meets all the requirements.
- Safety When Using Microwave. Not all dinnerware sets offer the luxury of using a microwave to warm your meals. As such, you should always read through the recommendations, especially if you love using a microwave regularly.
- Price. How affordable is your best dinnerware set? While price should come last in your “factors to consider” list, you should never neglect it. If you can get all the features you need in a dinnerware set at more affordable rates, then you should go for it! However, you should never compromise the quality to save a few bucks since it will be super costly in the long run.
Read here if you also want to add pans to your ceramic cookware library.
Best Dinnerware Sets – The Bottom Line
Purchasing the best dinnerware set for your kitchen is undoubtedly a step in the right direction. This action will save you the hassle you experience when serving different types of meals, especially when you have a home party.
Additionally, your best dinnerware set offers an exceptional aesthetic value to your house. You will always be proud to serve your family and guests in the best plates and cups.
However, selecting the best dinnerware set can be hectic considering that we have a myriad of them in the market. There are many factors to consider that may include durability, aesthetics, safety, and functionality.
Due to these shopping complexities, the process can be overwhelming. If you’ve found yourself in difficult shopping situations, then you shouldn’t worry!
We’ve prepared a comprehensive guide that will elucidate all the factors that you should consider before you settle for the best dinnerware sets. What exactly do you need in your set?
This article will answer all the questions that you may have on this particular topic. Even better, it includes a comprehensive list of the best dinnerware sets you can find in the market today.